Say Hello

Hi all, new to this forum but not to EV, currently have a Leaf but trading that for an MG4 SE long range (couldn't push to Trophy) which I pick up next Thursday 30th March.
Hi. With a name like Woodhorn and living in Northumberland you wouldnt by any chance be from the Ashington area?
which dealership are you getting the car from?

Hi. With a name like Woodhorn and living in Northumberland you wouldnt by any chance be from the Ashington area?
which dealership are you getting the car from?
I am indeed in Ashington live on the other side of the trees from the Woodhorn museum. I am buying from Richard Hardie Ashington.

Nice one. I use to live in Hadston then Bedlington now living in Forest Hall.
I picked up my SE SR Holburn Blue on 11/1/23 from Richard Hardie Silverlink. Done just over 1000 miles. Had a few issues as you will read a few on here, but overall I am really pleased with it so far.
My glass is still half full. 🥃

Hi everyone, I'm Tom, I picked up my MG4 Trophy on Friday 31st March, loving it so far.
My first electric car so having to stop myself from trying to change gear , lol.

Attachments

• IMG_1108.jpeg
    IMG_1108.jpeg
    881.2 KB · Views: 80
Hi - I've been on the forum for a while. II've been vacillating about buying an EV, as I don't feel that it's strictly cost-justifiable, but finally broke and admitted that I just wanted one anyway. So we traded in one of our Mondeos against an MG5 last week, and I'm extremely pleased with it.

I have found the information and enthusiasm on this forum to be very helpful, so I'd like to thank everyone for their help.

Hi - I've been on the forum for a while. II've been vacillating about buying an EV, as I don't feel that it's strictly cost-justifiable, but finally broke and admitted that I just wanted one anyway. So we traded in one of our Mondeos against an MG5 last week, and I'm extremely pleased with it.

I have found the information and enthusiasm on this forum to be very helpful, so I'd like to thank everyone for their help.
No new car purchase is cost justifiable and the most eco thing of all is to extend the life of an old car. But wanting one anyway is fine, there is no need to feel guilty.

No new car purchase is cost justifiable and the most eco thing of all is to extend the life of an old car. But wanting one anyway is fine, there is no need to feel guilty.

Hi everyone.

I didn't have a lot of choice. Some idiot in a BMW came out of a side street into my 13+ year old Golf last December, and although the damage was merely cosmetic the insurance company decided to write my car off. I thought about trying to salvage it anyway, but its last MOT flagged up a number of looming issues and it needed new tyres. It became obvious the universe was trying to tell me something.

I had decided to go electric for my next car. I did look at second-hand cars, but the ones available with good spec weren't much cheaper than new ones, and the cheap ones had pathetic range capability. The MG4 stood out in terms of value for money, so here I am. Got the car last Thursday, very pleased with it.

1681737212167.png

Hi everyone.

I didn't have a lot of choice. Some idiot in a BMW came out of a side street into my 13+ year old Golf last December, and although the damage was merely cosmetic the insurance company decided to write my car off. I thought about trying to salvage it anyway, but its last MOT flagged up a number of looming issues and it needed new tyres. It became obvious the universe was trying to tell me something.

I had decided to go electric for my next car. I did look at second-hand cars, but the ones available with good spec weren't much cheaper than new ones, and the cheap ones had pathetic range capability. The MG4 stood out in terms of value for money, so here I am. Got the car last Thursday, very pleased with it.

View attachment 16975
Looking good. Enjoy.

Hi everyone. I just joined since I just ordered a ZS EV, long range, in the Netherlands. I come from driving a 4XD VW Tiguan 2019, this will actually be my first EV car, and I am learning a lot on the way, quite excited and wary as well.

Test drive was much better than expected, and the ZS EV, for all I am seeing, while it has some downsides, it seems like decent choice for first electric car. Value for money seems about right in this crazy moment of recession and EVs not being the cheapest yet of all vehicles.

We will see how it goes. I will read all the knowledge and experiences shared in this community, and I will keep you posted with mine and probably some questions too.

Hi everyone. I'm getting my MG4 Trophy in Camden Grey early next week which will be my first electric car.

Getting it through my works salary sacrifice scheme. I was originally getting a ZS EV but the lead time kept getting pushed back further and further and they offered an MG4 instead. Much prefer the look of the MG4 and a hatchback suits our needs better than an SUV

Hi everyone. I'm getting my MG4 Trophy in Camden Grey early next week which will be my first electric car.

Getting it through my works salary sacrifice scheme. I was originally getting a ZS EV but the lead time kept getting pushed back further and further and they offered an MG4 instead. Much prefer the look of the MG4 and a hatchback suits our needs better than an SU
Hi Morph and welcome to the forum lots of information here for you as a new EV owner/driver and most importantly if you have any question that you can’t find an answer to with a quick search on here don’t be afraid to ask.
Hi and of course enjoy your car
Les

Hello everyone,

Long time lurker but first post after receiving my MG4 Trophy today from new-car-discount.com which I ordered at the beginning of April.

So far, very happy. I was pleasantly surprised to find both a granny and a 3-phase type 2 cable supplied and in some nice boxes although neither of them fit under the floor ;) The type 2 box has some good velcro so I'll fasten that to the side of the boot. Also got front and rear mats which I read hadn't always been included.

I had a Smart ForFour EV on lease for two years to test the practicality and get the home charger fitted but this is obviously a massive step up. I wanted a small car that we could go out a bit further on and was going lease a Zoe but couldn't in good conscience let my wife and daughter drive around in an NCAP zero car despite how much people think this matters or not. Nothing else really jumped out and after test-driving the MG4, I didn't want a Leaf so I jumped in with both feet and bought one.

I'm looking forward to customising it and already have the under-dash/seat lights ready to fit.

First proper drive this weekend and my first experience of public charging. The range on the ForFour was so bad in the end (54 miles) that we never took it onto a motorway.

So thanks for all the info you guys have already posted as I read much of it before deciding to buy.

Cheers,

Duncan

Attachments

• front-redacted.jpg
    front-redacted.jpg
    754.6 KB · Views: 66
  • cables-closed.jpg
    cables-closed.jpg
    468.1 KB · Views: 65
  • cables-open.jpg
    cables-open.jpg
    555.5 KB · Views: 67
  • mats-front.jpg
    mats-front.jpg
    766.6 KB · Views: 65
I am really surprised that they put a 3phase cable in the boot, are all the pins on the plug and socket populated?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom