• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Say Hello

Stuart Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Welcome to the MG EVs general chat forum. Please say hello and introduce yourselves.

I'll kick things off with a bit about me.
I have only owned one EV - a Hyundai Ioniq delivered in September 2017 (after a 6 month wait!).
I love the car and have very few issues with it. However, I would like something with more range eventually, and will probably change it some time in 2022 for either a Tesla Model Y or maybe an Aptera when they become available in the UK.
My background is running a forum (AVForums), which I have done since 2000, so it seemed like a good idea to start a forum about the MG ZS EV.
And that's how I got here.

Last edited:
Hi everyone (well one other at moment lol)
I currently drive a SEAT Ateca which I love but am getting a bit sick of the low mileage 40ish mpg. I had been looking at a hybrid but when saw the ZS EV and its price I put the deposit down straight away & managed to get in the first 1000. Just need more info now from MG and not hearsay that seems to be doing the rounds about how its lacking in certain bits :rolleyes:

Hi everyone (well one other at moment lol)
I currently drive a SEAT Ateca which I love but am getting a bit sick of the low mileage 40ish mpg. I had been looking at a hybrid but when saw the ZS EV and its price I put the deposit down straight away & managed to get in the first 1000. Just need more info now from MG and not hearsay that seems to be doing the rounds about how its lacking in certain bits :rolleyes:
Welcome and good choice. So the MG ZS has persuaded you to go from internal combustion engine to full electric. That's awesome.

Hi. I have owned a Vauxhall Ampera for six years and loved it, but decided it was time for a change. I couldn't stretch to the high prices of currently available EVs and so I went back to ICE and bought a Mercedes A class. Nice car, but after a few months decided i really needed an EV, so after hearing about the MG, and the excellent offer, I decided to place a reservation deposit. My order number is 1096 so just outside the first 1000. I'm looking forward to seeing and test driving the car in a few weeks. I still have some doubts about it, but hopefully I will be able to place a definite order.

Geoff.

Hi. I have owned a Vauxhall Ampera for six years and loved it, but decided it was time for a change. I couldn't stretch to the high prices of currently available EVs and so I went back to ICE and bought a Mercedes A class. Nice car, but after a few months decided i really needed an EV, so after hearing about the MG, and the excellent offer, I decided to place a reservation deposit. My order number is 1096 so just outside the first 1000. I'm looking forward to seeing and test driving the car in a few weeks. I still have some doubts about it, but hopefully I will be able to place a definite order.

Geoff.
What doubts do you have, Geoff?

At the moment, it's just the uncertainty of knowing what the final production spec will be. Rumours seem to suggest that it wont have internet connectivity and no app to remotely set up charging etc, even though this exists on the Thai version which strangely seems to be called the "Brit" with a union flag on its boot! Hopefully we will know the full spec in a couple of weeks. I'm keeping an open mind until I've seen it and driven it.

Hi
I'm a Clio DCI owner. This is my first step into the world of EV. I'm quite excited about it being an EV, quick and little gadgets to drive for me.

Hi I also have a Seat Ateca, on a lease deal which runs out in the Spring. I've reserved an MG ZS EV and I'm on the waiting list for the ID3. Also very interested in the e2008 and the Model 3. As you can see my next car is very likely to be fully electric, but I'm still open minded as to which one it will be. Might even get an Evezy i3 until things settle down a bit.

I live just north of Inverness, which makes EV ownership that bit more challenging. I'm a mountain biker so I'm likely to tailor my car choice to carrying bikes and driving up forest tracks and crappy Highland single track roads.

I live just north of Inverness, which makes EV ownership that bit more challenging. I'm a mountain biker so I'm likely to tailor my car choice to carrying bikes and driving up forest tracks and crappy Highland single track roads.
The first sentence lends itself towards the ID3. The second less so :)

Hey guys, I'm currently driving an 11 year old Skoda Fabia.

I've been doing 18k miles a year doing 25-30 miles a day for work but will also be working from home 3 days a week soon so will be getting down to about 13k and an EV seems to be the best bet these days and if the financing works out then we'll be getting a shiny white MG and bonus is that I've been told I'm in the 1st 1000 depositers so get the free charger ?

Hi all. I've had a Leaf 24kWh followed by a Leaf 30kWh over the last 3 years. Looking for the next step. For choice, I'd have a Model 3. For less, I'd have an e-Niro. For the money I have, I can just about stretch to an MG ZS EV - or I can keep my 30-month-old Leaf 30 for another few years as it's fine & it does most of what I need. I'm about 75% sold on the MG. A test drive might help. Any more "bad news" won't help.

Hi I also have a Seat Ateca, on a lease deal which runs out in the Spring. I've reserved an MG ZS EV and I'm on the waiting list for the ID3. Also very interested in the e2008 and the Model 3. As you can see my next car is very likely to be fully electric, but I'm still open minded as to which one it will be. Might even get an Evezy i3 until things settle down a bit.

I think the MG will be the closest to the Ateca. My MG salesman who has test driven the MG and also been in an Ateca said they were
a very similar drive. Its only about 5cm shorter than Ateca as well

Hi I’ve owned an EV ever since 2013. I’ve owned a 24 kWh leaf and a 30 kWh leaf which I’m driving now. I haven’t bought another leaf because I believe they are too expensive for what they offer and the MG is a much better value car Particularly with the initial discount. My current PCP runs until June next year so quite happy to wait in line until the beginning of next year for mine. Definitely looking forward to something a bit different.

Hi all. I've had a Leaf 24kWh followed by a Leaf 30kWh over the last 3 years. Looking for the next step. For choice, I'd have a Model 3. For less, I'd have an e-Niro. For the money I have, I can just about stretch to an MG ZS EV - or I can keep my 30-month-old Leaf 30 for another few years as it's fine & it does most of what I need. I'm about 75% sold on the MG. A test drive might help. Any more "bad news" won't help.

I'm also on a leaf 30kw Tekna . Has been fab but after sitting in the new mg and seen mg what's on offer I'm really excited . When I looked at the newer leaf it's either same or more expensive . I just couldn't afford it and was a bit bored of it . Mg does have some compromises and a few things missing but I think with the pilot stuff will be a much more pleasant drive . And is much more spacious ...

Hi all, I have a little EV experience. I bought my first EV, a Leaf 24 Acenta in January 2015. It was a year old and had covered 12,000 miles. I coped with the short range until March 2018 when I bought my current car, a Leaf 40 Tekna and sold the Leaf 24 with over 50,000 miles. The Leaf 40 felt like a completely different car when I bought it. So far I have driven it over 22,000 miles. The 150 mile range of the Leaf is about right for my bladder anxiety!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom