Say Hello

YoungEV

Hello!
I’m Sam and I just made 20 this October that’s just went and for my birthday I put a deposit down for an MG ZS EV.

Been painting and decorating for a couple years during school and uni where I’ve decided to ditch education and blaze a trail in Interior Design.

Always seen ICE cars as such a waste of income and such a massive expense! Working over the last 4 years as a painter my boss has burnt through 2 vans costing him god knows and my mother buying a brand new car under warranty costing her £1,500 for a new turbo.

For me the only option was electric to begin a business for its reliability, low cost and very fast 0-30mph speed😇

stumgev56

This is similar to switching to any automatic car from a manual, though.
You very soon get used to having a redundant left foot.
And on some EVs, there isn't even a 'faux' gear stick. The Hyundai Ioniq has buttons for P, D, R and N.
I think the strangest thing for me was the regenerative braking and how the foot brake feels. In the Ioniq at least, you have to press the brake harder.
I wonder how it is in the ZS.
In the Mg zs ev the regen is great, there are 3 modes to use, 1 for motorway, 2 and 3 for other roads, its very much better than a leaf and when approaching corners or roundabouts taking your foot off slows and charges at the same time and if used correct will add miles to your journey.

Martin11

Welcome to the MG EVs general chat forum. Please say hello and introduce yourselves.

I'll kick things off with a bit about me.
I have only owned one EV - a Hyundai Ioniq delivered in September 2017 (after a 6 month wait!).
I love the car and for the first year, it was perfect. But more recently I have needed longer range, so I'm looking around at the moment for a new EV and the MG ZS is a contender.
My background is running a forum (AVForums), which I have done since 2000, so it seemed like a good idea to start a forum about the MG ZS EV.
And that's how I got here.
I am a new member and proud owner of the new MG EV, i have had it for 2 weeks now, and really loving it. i had a diesel ford fiesta before and have noticed a big difference in driving style, noise and ride comfort. i am still getting used to the MG, but so far no issues and no gripes with it. I had to get the installers of the home charging unit back as i could not see it on the app, but they were quick to respond. Only done 200 miles so far and once charge.
So far so good, i have asked the dealer about the software charge upgrade for timed charging and awaiting feedback now.

Martin11

I am a new member and proud owner of the new MG EV, i have had it for 2 weeks now, and really loving it. i had a diesel ford fiesta before and have noticed a big difference in driving style, noise and ride comfort. i am still getting used to the MG, but so far no issues and no gripes with it. I had to get the installers of the home charging unit back as i could not see it on the app, but they were quick to respond. Only done 200 miles so far and once charge.
So far so good, i have asked the dealer about the software charge upgrade for timed charging and awaiting feedback now.
HI all,

just had an update from the main dealer saying they have been notified of the upgrade and they will get the service team to contact me to arrange the upgrade down load.