• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Say Hello

Hi, I had been a turbo diesel driver for many years until they became pariahs and, whilst I’m not a tree-hugger or green activist, could see the benefits of EVs (apart from the horrendous cost, of course). I bought a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV at the end of 2018 and loved the ‘electric experience’. It got to the stage where I resented putting in petrol and became much more aware of my driving style in order to eke out more ‘electric miles’. I always had half an eye on the EV market but was convinced that they were far too expensive - until I stumbled upon the MG ZS EV.
I test drove one at the end of November last year and placed an order the following week. My car arrived in the country in mid-March and I was scheduled to pick it up on Tuesday 24th - lockdown put paid to that!! I finally took delivery last Tuesday (3 months late) and absolutely love it. Ok, some of the finish and technology is not quite as good as the Outlander, but equally, there are odd little things that are better. All in all, the ZS is excellent value and, pound for pound, knocks all the other EVs for six.
Obviously, I’ve yet to give it an extended run but am really looking forward to the time when I can. I’ll keep you posted.

Hi, I had been a turbo diesel driver for many years until they became pariahs and, whilst I’m not a tree-hugger or green activist, could see the benefits of EVs (apart from the horrendous cost, of course). I bought a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV at the end of 2018 and loved the ‘electric experience’. It got to the stage where I resented putting in petrol and became much more aware of my driving style in order to eke out more ‘electric miles’. I always had half an eye on the EV market but was convinced that they were far too expensive - until I stumbled upon the MG ZS EV.
I test drove one at the end of November last year and placed an order the following week. My car arrived in the country in mid-March and I was scheduled to pick it up on Tuesday 24th - lockdown put paid to that!! I finally took delivery last Tuesday (3 months late) and absolutely love it. Ok, some of the finish and technology is not quite as good as the Outlander, but equally, there are odd little things that are better. All in all, the ZS is excellent value and, pound for pound, knocks all the other EVs for six.
Obviously, I’ve yet to give it an extended run but am really looking forward to the time when I can. I’ll keep you posted.

Welcome. My last daily driver was an Outlander too. I have a regular 26 mile round trip and it would do about 21 miles of it if I babied it, then start up that hideous raucous engine. I got to the stage where it just annoyed me all the time. It wasn't good enough as an EV only due to the limited range and when running in Petrol Hybrid mode, struggled to get 40mpg.

I found the Outlander finish mediocre for it's high price tag as well, 90's look dashboard with non matching switchgear placed in all sorts of nonsensical places!

I totally agree with you, love my car moving from a much bigger Volvo XC90 to this was a challenge, but what a saving on fuel alone. Have you got the latest software update on yours? When on the speed dial middle digital display you should have mile or Km remaining rather than the time display. The time should only be visible on the infotainment unit now?

I bought a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV at the end of 2018 and loved the ‘electric experience’.
The Outlander was at the top of my list when I was car hunting late 2016/early 2017 and had a couple of test drives. Found it fine, but a bit sluggish and it didn't have Apple Carplay.
Then the idea of going full EV hit me and I ordered bought my Ioniq in the February, which was 10 grand cheaper. It arrived mid September 2017. The wait is painful, but it makes delivery sweeter. A bit like John Mills in Ice Cold in Alex.

We've still kept our Outlander PHEV, it's an older one we've had for 4 years. Its OK and it does has 4 wheel drive, for that one or two days, you might need it, every couple of years! Its not worth a lot of money and we like the flexibility of having two cars, both of which are free road tax.

It is a bit sluggish and with a battery range of about 25 miles is not that practical . I too manage about 40mpg on a longish run. ....but having said that, it was also my first introduction to EV's.

I love my MG...its going to have its "Bongs removed" on Wednesday! I'm so looking forward to that.

I can't help thinking about how/when the computer programers and engineers, were sat around a table and came up with them in the first place! What planet were they on, what illegal substances had they been using?

Anyway, welcome to MG ownership and I hope you like the car as much as most of us do.

I've clocked up about 2,300 miles since Jan in the MG . (and only 400 miles in the PHEV over the same period)

I really enjoyed the Outlander as my introduction to EVs. The latest model has apple CarPlay, a more powerful ICE and a slightly better electric range but I still happily traded it in against the ZS! The main things I miss are climate control a/c and electronic tailgate. What I don’t miss is the slight roll on fast bends - the lower centre of gravity on the MG makes for much better handling and road holding. Even though I only got it this week, I don’t appear to have the software update. I’ve managed to lose some of the bongs it came with but I’ll definitely be getting on to my dealer to organise the update.

I really enjoyed the Outlander as my introduction to EVs. The latest model has apple CarPlay, a more powerful ICE and a slightly better electric range but I still happily traded it in against the ZS! The main things I miss are climate control a/c and electronic tailgate. What I don’t miss is the slight roll on fast bends - the lower centre of gravity on the MG makes for much better handling and road holding. Even though I only got it this week, I don’t appear to have the software update. I’ve managed to lose some of the bongs it came with but I’ll definitely be getting on to my dealer to organise the update.
I would as these were updates that we’ve all waited for after highlighting our concerns in relation to certain issues, feedback so far is really positive about the changes, but we will hear from more a members soon as they like myself are booking in for the updates.

HI all, I am an MG ZS-EV owner picked up on March the 20th Just prior to the lock down. Its now done around 1300 miles, and has been fun. I am however very frustrated with the bongs and 3 beeps, so intend to look into the software update.
Look forward to contributing to the discussions.

I know there is a lot of debate about wether we should be paying for the 4 updates....irrespective of that, having just come back from another delightful drive around the Derbyshire countryside, my wife made the comment. 'isn't it nice not having all those BONGS"......I rest my case:).....put a price on that.

Hi, I picked up my MG ZS EV in March from Vic Young Motors in South Shields, despite living in Inverness! Their customer service was second to none, and they were really helpful and attentive at every stage of the process.

I had originally ordered my car through Mackie Motors in Brechin, but the delivery date kept getting pushed back, and Vic Young had exactly the car I wished in stock!!

However, I've only really had the original drive home and a trip to Aberdeen in the car as Lockdown has significantly mucked up my plans! I usually drive about 14k miles per annum, but in the first 14 weeks, I haven't even broken the 1k barrier yet.

I had driven SEAT Alteas (3) and most recently an Ateca which I loved, but wanted to make the switch to electric.

So, as soon as Ms. Sturgeon gives us the green light, I'll be knocking up the miles as quickly as I can.

I do love the car, but I am extremely frustrated that I haven't had a chance to fully get to know it. Yes, the Boings do irritate some days, so I am encouraged by some recent posts that they can be rectified.

So, when I get a bit more accustomed to driving the car, I'll post more, but happy to receive any tips etc that will enhance my driving experience.

Hi, I picked up my MG ZS EV in March from Vic Young Motors in South Shields, despite living in Inverness! Their customer service was second to none, and they were really helpful and attentive at every stage of the process.

I had originally ordered my car through Mackie Motors in Brechin, but the delivery date kept getting pushed back, and Vic Young had exactly the car I wished in stock!!

However, I've only really had the original drive home and a trip to Aberdeen in the car as Lockdown has significantly mucked up my plans! I usually drive about 14k miles per annum, but in the first 14 weeks, I haven't even broken the 1k barrier yet.

I had driven SEAT Alteas (3) and most recently an Ateca which I loved, but wanted to make the switch to electric.

So, as soon as Ms. Sturgeon gives us the green light, I'll be knocking up the miles as quickly as I can.

I do love the car, but I am extremely frustrated that I haven't had a chance to fully get to know it. Yes, the Boings do irritate some days, so I am encouraged by some recent posts that they can be rectified.

So, when I get a bit more accustomed to driving the car, I'll post more, but happy to receive any tips etc that will enhance my driving experience.
Love mine done over 5000 miles now and looking forward to my update next week.

Hi all, my name is Phil
I just wanted to say hi
I am a fully qualified MG Technician including the EV. I have gone through all but one course which would be
for the New face lifted 2020 MG ZS.
I was working in Seaford East Sussex as the only qualified MG Technician on site. I cannot name the company for obvious reasons. I've decided to start my own mobile business specializing and focusing on MG. So if your live near and need any help with your vehicle. P.m me.
On another note, if your struggling with a problem and you would like some advice then I will be looking in on this forum daily and I will do my best to help.

Hi all, my name is Phil
I just wanted to say hi
I am a fully qualified MG Technician including the EV. I have gone through all but one course which would be
for the New face lifted 2020 MG ZS.
I was working in Seaford East Sussex as the only qualified MG Technician on site. I cannot name the company for obvious reasons. I've decided to start my own mobile business specializing and focusing on MG. So if your live near and need any help with your vehicle. P.m me.
On another note, if your struggling with a problem and you would like some advice then I will be looking in on this forum daily and I will do my best to help.
Welcome Phil. Help from a qualified tech will be appreciated in the forum.

So, as an insider what will the 2020 face lift MG ZS EV offer, should those of us about to collect our new car have any worries about missing out or is it that they will have the latest updates on delivery.

So, as an insider what will the 2020 face lift MG ZS EV offer, should those of us about to collect our new car have any worries about missing out or is it that they will have the latest updates on delivery.
Hi printer man. Unfortunately I have yet to be sent on the new ZS introduction course due to covid 19. I will try to source information and open a new thread if I manage to.
I think like any purchase of a new car it's a choise to either wait for the newer version if it's coming out or wait till it's out and get a better deal on the model before it. ?

Looking back to the beginning of this thread...its now seems that a tow bar to support a bike rack, is now feasible ...see the other posts today......."Which Bike Rack"

Hello from Norway.
I'll soon to be collecting my royal blue zs exclusive.
Looking forward to get it, will be the primary car here, while our panda will get to take a back seat, and be the missus primary, mainly going to get about 4 km a week or there about, unless I need to haul the trailer to the dump or similar.

Getting a home charger installed soon, and have chosen to get an Easee home, with a 3x230v 32A input, combined with an Easee Equaliser, fitted to our meters HAN port, to manage the charger, so that it won't overload the main fuse. This I hope will be a charger for the future also, as the ZS can't max the setup I'm fitting now (13ish kw).

I feel the MG is going to be a perfect commuting car for me, as my daily round tripp is 89km, with a lot of 60km/h limits, some stretch with 50, a bit of 70, 80 and 90 km/h

Wife's family lives within a round tripp range, though probably not during cold winter days (if we're unlucky it might creep below -20c). My family lives way out of reach, with just over 22 hours effective driving time to get there... That makes charging stops quite useful.
And if it is really cold, we got the panda to use aswell.

Hi there from Israel.
Thanks for opening this forum, it has been really helpful getting information about MG ZS EV I'm looking into buying.

We currently have two cars:
1. 2020 Citroën C4 Spacetourer (7 seater, Exclusive trim), which is a company car lease.
2. 2015 Peugeot 208 (1.2 Liter turbo)

Although the 208 is a great little car, I'm starting to feel its a bit dated, especially safety wise (has only aftermarket warning system, no active safety system).

I was dreaming of replacing it with e208 that came out lately, but the price here is so high (for a mediocre trim level) that its just out of the question.

Although I don't really need an SUV, I'm looking into the ZS EV, because its the most affordable EV here (other than the older Zoe wich is still being imported for some reason as a new).

It seems that it gives the most car for the money...
Hoping I will be able to buy it, It will be my first EV!

Israel is a very high-tech country, but the adoption of EVs here is still lacking. Mainly I think because of the higher costs (EVs here cost typically more than a comparable ICE model), and the lack of government grants (we only get a discount on import taxes. meaning we pay more for the cars than in Europe, for example).

The nice thing about the ZS EV here is that the specs are identical to the LHD European models (we have Excite and Exclusive). Which is different than say PSA EVs, where the importer strips down the specs (and still takes more money...).

Great to be here, and hoping to join the EV revolution soon :)

Time to replace wife's Motability Toyota Prius. It was going to be another Prius as 65 mpg over 34,999 miles but only plug in on lust.. Started with a test drive in MG ZS Exclusive very impressed with looks,ride and comfort. Very impressed with acceleration. Finally converted my wife to look at all electric car. When we got back after test drive they had just offloaded a MG5 it was not on the old Motability list then in the office got a nice surprise as the advanced payment has dropped down and the MG5 was on the list. The car there had not even been PDI checked. Made an appointment to test drive it when available. Back a few days later and took test drive. The ride I thought was a bit better and a bit less road noise. I would have liked the MG Pilot to be available but the MG5 scored better. Then looked around for best deal on advanced payment and now have ordered a MG 5 Exclusive in Red. Our change date is the 24 December but will be surprised if it arrives for then.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom