Say Hello

Hi Guys - almost there in our journey to the start of the full BEV experience - test drove MG ZS EV 2 days back and like it. Have watched a ton of youtube videos to learn about the car and it all seems to fit in very well with our needs. We already have a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV and we do 90% of all our journeys in it in EV only mode, so reckon MG ZS will be a great fit.
Just a bit concerned about various software updates and how to check for them before I pick up the car as would like to have the dealers sorted it all out before I collect the car - so look out for my queries and help out in relevant threads. Thanks.

Karthik

Congrats...are you keeping the outlander as well? We did as a second car....but its only been used less that 10% of the time, in the last 12 months...hardly worth it...but handy if you can afford to.

The ride in the MG is much more to my liking....less harsh than the PHEV. Welcome to the world of proper BEV's. ;)

Congrats...are you keeping the outlander as well? We did as a second car....but its only been used less that 10% of the time, in the last 12 months...hardly worth it...but handy if you can afford to.

The ride in the MG is much more to my liking....less harsh than the PHEV. Welcome to the world of proper BEV's. ;)
Yes, Outlander is staying for few more years as ideal for longer trips/drives to Europe (when virus permits...) without having to worry about range/charging infra etc.
Did a test drive on ZS earlier and it was pretty nippy around the town, nice and stable - just in the progress of talking to the dealers and sorting out a deal - hoping to get them to agree firmly that they will deliver me the car with all the latest software updates installed.

There are plenty of EV owners here who, I'm sure, will be more than willing to help noobies with any questions. I certainly am.
Good to know Stuart just bought mine 11/11 an EV first - mind you only had the new car a week when this plocker of a parcel force driver drove into the back of me at a busy r/about but glad to get it back but need to buy a magnifying glass to read the handbook !

Hello all, My name is Marc Harvey I live in Aylesbury Buckinghamshire and currently drive a Ford Grand CMax. I have no EV experience and have never driven one. I have just booked a test drive with Glyn Hopkins at Milton Keynes for Saturday 19th of December for a back to to back test of the ZS and the 5 for both me and the Boss(wifey) to try. I have looked at home charging and will probably go for a ChargedEV Smart Pro or the Zappi. This choice is due to having Solar panels. I have wanted to go this route for some time but other things always seemed to get in the way. I will put my thoughts of the test drives down into words in the days following.

Hi Marc, bought mine (ZS EV) in early November and STILL getting used to all the knobs and switches that give you stacks of options. You wont regret going EV - as for the model, depends on your requirements the ZS gives me more options for my needs - enjoy the drive

Good evening and Merry Christmas.
I picked up our ZS on 23rd December and am loving it.
This has replaced our ZS 1.5, a lovely car.
In addition to our ZS I also have a ZT & a TF so a bit of an MG fan☺️

Hi, I have recently bought MG ZS EV, Black, and waiting for the delivery of the vehicle, hopefully before the end of the year. I was looking to buy Merc C350e plug in hybrid, , but changed my mind to go for EV, and decided to buy new MG ZS EV.

Congratulations MAS, I'm sure you won't regret it.

Having also owned a hybrid for a number of years...they have a place. But a proper BEV is the way to go in my opinion. We love our MG (had it a year now) and I'm sure you will too. :)

Thanks Chris, this forum has been a huge help in getting the information. Happy to enjoy the 'MG family' and looking forward to the receive my vehicle.

we had a collection of MG s at my place when mine was delivered..... IMG_5126.JPG

Frustrated new EV driver here.
10 days after delivery my SZ Red car developed a charging fault, 2 weeks later and there are 5-6 weeks to go before it will be fixed. Fortunately they loaned me the petrol version so I still have wheels.
I was minutes away from trying an OHME cable when the granny charger refused to unlock.

Was a bit nervous that my first long Journey would have been the Christmas bubble get away but that got cancelled.

Currently trying to get my head around all the various charging options and apps.

Frustrated new EV driver here.
10 days after delivery my SZ Red car developed a charging fault, 2 weeks later and there are 5-6 weeks to go before it will be fixed. Fortunately they loaned me the petrol version so I still have wheels.
I was minutes away from trying an OHME cable when the granny charger refused to unlock.

Was a bit nervous that my first long Journey would have been the Christmas bubble get away but that got cancelled.

Currently trying to get my head around all the various charging options and apps.
Join the club !

Hi. I have put my deposit down (before xmas) for a new MG 5 and expect (and hope) to get it sometime this month Covid and Brexit allowing.... First time trying an EV and have at the moment a VW Golf GTD estate so the new car will be close in size to the old one. I was impressed that the MG has most of the whistles and bells of my GTD apart from the sunroof, good lights and hifi. Great price and I guess time will tell whether it is worth it. Tad worried about the roof rack situation and dealer has not got back to me on questions so still waiting for a few things.

Hi. I have put my deposit down (before xmas) for a new MG 5 and expect (and hope) to get it sometime this month Covid and Brexit allowing.... First time trying an EV and have at the moment a VW Golf GTD estate so the new car will be close in size to the old one. I was impressed that the MG has most of the whistles and bells of my GTD apart from the sunroof, good lights and hifi. Great price and I guess time will tell whether it is worth it. Tad worried about the roof rack situation and dealer has not got back to me on questions so still waiting for a few things.
Good luck with dipping your toes in to the EV world, you’ll be surprised how much you’ll save against fuel costs, servicing, road tax and other forms of other road taxing if applicable Congestion Charge and ULEZ.

Hello from Trinidad and Tobago (T&T)!

I am the very happy driver of one of the first two MG ZS EV on the roads here. We have about 50-60 EVs in total on the roads of T&T, most of which are Hyundai Ionics. My MG ZS came via Barbados, from an MG dealer that has been exclusively selling EVs there for about 10 years. This is my first EV, our current vehicles all being petrol - a couple of Honda Civics and a Kia Sorento.

Our situation is a little different to the UK (i) it's always warm so the liquid cooled battery pack is a big deal (ii) I can drive anywhere in T&T and back home in a day and not have to worry about charging (the furthest out-back run would be about 250 km so just about do-able!) (iii) Average speeds are painfully slow (about 30 km/h with lots of start-stop and traffic, which the EV laps up!) (iv) Electricity is only 4.5p/kWh so I my energy cost is working out to be 1p/mile (v) the included 2.2kW (10A) charger is perfectly adequate for my normal driving habits so I will not be installing a 32A charger - installation cost to put a UK socket in place: £25.

In other words - this is a perfect market for EVs!! And even though our electricity comes from natural gas, driving an EV is fairly low carbon. So I am actively engaged in promoting EVs through my research as University Lecturer along with a small community of like-minded folks here. Unfortunately the government only currently incentivizes commercial EVs, so that is something for which we are lobbying.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom