Scanning the QR code to bind car does nothing.

GameZone

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I downloaded the MG iSMART app to my phone and registered. When I can the QR code on my car monitor, I recieve my account information on the monitor, but the app on my phone still isn't connected to my car. Do anyone know what's wrong, and how to fix?

Is it the correct QR code? 2nd one is the one for binding as far as I know

The "Connect to vehicle" option after scanning the first QR code doesn't appear.
Check the car is connected to the mobile phone network.
If the display is in dark mode switch it to light mode. A black QR code doesn't show up on a black screen.

Check the car is connected to the mobile phone network.
If the display is in dark mode switch it to light mode. A black QR code doesn't show up on a black screen.
It shows 4G. Can it be that the dealer ship forgot to unbind the previous owner? I get no report or indication that the previous owner is still connected

It shows 4G. Can it be that the dealer ship forgot to unbind the previous owner? I get no report or indication that the previous owner is still connected
Could be. The dealer will have to ask MG to unbind the previous phone from the car's account as unfortunately you can't do it.

Could be. The dealer will have to ask MG to unbind the previous phone from the car's account as unfortunately you can't do it.

Who do they ask? I live in Norway. Is there some sort of HQ within each country, or is it some other country for all users?

That was the issue I had. I bought the exdemo dealer car and a member of staff had bound their phone. Dealer had to remove the bound car.

I downloaded the MG iSMART app to my phone and registered. When I can the QR code on my car monitor, I recieve my account information on the monitor, but the app on my phone still isn't connected to my car. Do anyone know what's wrong, and how to fix?
I had a problem with binding my phone to the car on the app it said synchronised but it wasn’t. Turns out my car was still linked binded to the previous owner. The garage contacted them and then all ok QR code scanned.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 526 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back