Scenario: Your car is delayed until Sept. What other cars are you looking at?

Hobbyist

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
As in the title. I have no hope that my car will show up in the next six months. What other cars should I be looking at? Used of course since everyone is facing delays.

I might start at the Skoda it does have a bit extra range. And I like the blue and the dealership is only 5 miles away.

But what about delivery? Will you just get an off the shelf car if there are any?

Edit - sorry missed used request

Last edited:
Challenge you’ll have is the ability to find a second hand model that has anything like the range of the LR version

It depends what you need from the car in terms of space and range and what your maximum budget is. Can you cope with slightly less space and range such as e2008 or Mokka? I'm sure you could pick up a nearly new one of those for around £25k.

When I was looking, way back in August, the MG5 had a wait of about three to four months. On the same day, rang up a Kia dealers to be told that their wait was well over five to six months for an e-Niro! Similar sort of waits for other brands was given when I rang them up. I’d already decided on the MG so it was the shortest wait. Way back in 2013, when buying a brand new ICE Skoda, was told 17 weeks.
Has anything much changed over the years?

Nissan Leaf… family size hatch but most of the used stock is only the 40KW battery
RapidGate. No battery thermal management. Absolutely no good for long trips that require more than one rapid charge. Overheat even in UK summer. Very quickly goes into reduced power mode when it overheats. I know, I had one. Nissan took it back.

I'd struggle to get anywhere close to the deal I'm getting on a new car (pre grant cut) so sticking with the order.
Current PCP ends next month so will need a short term lease through someone like Elmo or onto while I wait for the MG but still works out significantly cheaper long term than cancelling and going elsewhere.

I’m not- if anyone cancels now they will either at the back of the queue with anyone else, paying £10k+ more than a ZS, or compromising on features, range or size.

Wanting your new shiny is a perfectly natural thing, but the grass ain’t greener with VAG/Vauxhall/etc- people ordering from them are in the same boat

I’m not- if anyone cancels now they will either at the back of the queue with anyone else, paying £10k+ more than a ZS, or compromising on features, range or size.

Wanting your new shiny is a perfectly natural thing, but the grass ain’t greener with VAG/Vauxhall/etc- people ordering from them are in the same boat
# Truestory

I think today if your your not to fussed about colour it’s matter of getting on the phone and ringing around the dealers,I was talking to a lady yesterday with a brand new ZS at a Tesco charging point, and she told me the local dealer had told her 4-6 months for a red one after ordering, so she had a ring around the dealers and found one 35 miles from home who had a blue one a cancellation, so she bought it over the phone there and then.

MG and other manufacturers of EVs have us over a barrel at the moment in my opinion, there is very limit stock,fossil fuel prices are ridiculous, and may remain so for some while to come, even 2nd hand prices have gone through the roof, in the last 3 months are so I have had several offers to buy my 5 for more than I paid for it and I know others have had the same, vehicles wise we are living in a mad mad world at this moment in time.
Les

The problem I see with buying a used or second hand vehicle right now, is that they are massively overpriced due to the shortage of new cars.
WHEN new cars start to arrive, the prices of second hand cars will drop, a lot !.
You could have a real shock in how much your car has devalued in a few years time.

I haven't ordered a new ZS yet but I'm looking at a Kia Soul as my next EV, possibly next year.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom