Scheduled Charge unscheduled?

Success!

Overnight charging from 2am to 6am appears to have worked last night.

I found that unlocking the car and sitting in the driver’s seat (or pressing it) to get the car to boot up was the key to it recognising the charge schedule.

I then plugged in the charger, and left the car to it. I didn’t even open the app for fear it might reset things.

The previous night I tried unlocking the car to access the charge port (didn’t sit in the driver’s seat) but when I plugged in, it started charging straight away despite the schedule being set.

Maybe the car only registers the scheduled charge settings if it boots up?

I’ll carry on experimenting (at least until my Ohme gets installed on Tuesday - then maybe there will be more fun and games).
Yes, this works for me (about 20 successful charges now). The trick is to sit in the car (after plugging in the lead) until the screens come to life. On locking the car the driver's display shows 'charging scheduled' then after a short while turns off and a few seconds later the blue charging socket goes off.

We charge our 4EV bought March 2023 on granny charger, have always had the schedule on for 2359 to 0700 as that's our 8.6p time and annoyingly it randomly comes on other times in the evening - as if it can see when your back is turned - plug in it doesn't start and the car screen shows charging scheduled, some time an hour or three later notice the in home meter has clocked up some kWh and is running at 2kW with nothing much on - check the app and it's the car. stop it and it will revert to schedule - though I think one day I had to stop it twice. It's more than annoying with my time of day tariff which costs me 56p 4-8pm! I'm thinking I may have to resort to manually keeping the RCCD off until bedtime. Less often it just decides not to bother charging at night - not yet been critical for a trip...

We charge our 4EV bought March 2023 on granny charger, have always had the schedule on for 2359 to 0700 as that's our 8.6p time and annoyingly it randomly comes on other times in the evening - as if it can see when your back is turned - plug in it doesn't start and the car screen shows charging scheduled, some time an hour or three later notice the in home meter has clocked up some kWh and is running at 2kW with nothing much on - check the app and it's the car. stop it and it will revert to schedule - though I think one day I had to stop it twice. It's more than annoying with my time of day tariff which costs me 56p 4-8pm! I'm thinking I may have to resort to manually keeping the RCCD off until bedtime. Less often it just decides not to bother charging at night - not yet been critical for a trip...
How much does the car charge in 7 hours,I'm picking up my trophy soon but will have to use the granny charger for a few weeks

In 7 hours it charges about 30% of the standard range battery - it seems to do 1.8kW most of the time - perhaps because our outside socket is on a 25 meter extension from a kitchen socket with an in plug RCCD. If your socket is nearer and cables short you might get a bit more, I don't know! The 30% will give us about 66 miles without fan / aircon in summer. I did a quick calculation and decided that in urgent situations charging 24 hours would not be a great cost 7x8.6p approx 60p; 4x56p £2.24; 13x40p £5.20 total so £8 for 200 miles, 4p/mile... or charge for 20 hours for £5.76 avoiding peak rate is even better. (none of which takes account of our solar panels which might make a few hours of the daytime charging free at point of use!

How much does the car charge in 7 hours,I'm picking up my trophy soon but will have to use the granny charger for a few weeks
I think I got about 2.4kWh when I had to use my granny charger. But that was from a single socket direct from the consumer unit and with a heavy duty extension lead.

I would expect more than 2.4kWh in 7 hours, even from a granny charge lead. I typically get 1.8kW rate from my granny lead, so in 7 hours that would be 7 x 1.8 = 12.6kWh.

I would expect more than 2.4kWh in 7 hours, even from a granny charge lead. I typically get 1.8kW rate from my granny lead, so in 7 hours that would be 7 x 1.8 = 12.6kWh.
Sorry shouldn't have added the h after kW. It charged at a speed of 2.4kW per hour so 7 x 2.4 = 16.8kWh

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back