Scheduled Charging on the MG5

Alb

Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Reading THIS thread got me thinking.
I plugged my car in ready for a scheduled 0030-0430 Octopus Go charge last Friday but when I checked the car on Saturday morning, the charge hadn't taken place.
Uncertain about the cause, I did some checks during the day on Saturday and everything seemed to be working correctly, so that evening I plugged it back in for a scheduled 0030-0430 charge on the Sunday morning.
This worked without a hitch so I thought no more about it until I read the thread referenced above.
After checking footage from my security cameras, I can be certain that I plugged my car in at exactly 1221 Hrs on the Friday so my Saturday morning scheduled charge start time would have exceeded the 12 hour window mentioned by 9 minutes. Would this be the reason the charge failed?
I can't recall reading anything definitive about this 12 hour window so I would welcome your thoughts.

I have a Hypervolt, but I could see also from my camera footage that on the Saturday morning, it energised at 0030 Hrs and de-energised at 0430 Hrs. I'm pretty sure the charge was being prevented at the car end.

Certainly sounds like you went over the 12 hour cut off. The system probably doesn't care if you miss it by 9 seconds, it has an off time and that's it.

I guess it's easy to check again just to confirm, plug in 12 hours and 5 minutes before the intended start time and see if it works. Good to know and can help peoples confusion with failed charges.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom