Scheduled Charging using iSmart

Mihir

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Has anyone tried scheduled charging or even normal charging with iSmart app? It lets us set the start and end times for the scheduled charging but I tried that yesterday and today too and it did not work.When I tried to start it manually hitting start charging button it always came back as Failed to start. I had to go back to the ohme app to start charging then. I use the andriod version of the iSmart app. Any seen issues as me on android or even the iOS app???

@davidmx Use the scheduling in the car infotainment system. That works very well for me. And that gets synced with the iSmart app. No need to bother about charger apps. Also the scheduling setup on the car overrides the charger schedules too.

Hi, thanks for the prompt response, thats great to know!! I did fret over the demo car as I'm on the Octopus Go tariff and wanted to ensure I could schedule the charge between 00:30-04:30 and didn't really want to use the Podpoints scheduler as it would add another level of confusion. it was a strange issue on the demo car.. as soon as I plugged it in, it started charging and ignored the i-smart app and schedule set in car, its really good to know its fine on other cars and not a software issue in general! - cheers :)

Hi, thanks for the prompt response, thats great to know!! I did fret over the demo car as I'm on the Octopus Go tariff and wanted to ensure I could schedule the charge between 00:30-04:30 and didn't really want to use the Podpoints scheduler as it would add another level of confusion. it was a strange issue on the demo car.. as soon as I plugged it in, it started charging and ignored the i-smart app and schedule set in car, its really good to know its fine on other cars and not a software issue in general! - cheers :)
@davidmx: I am on Octopus Go Faster. I've scheduled to charge between 9.30pm-2.30am(my 5 hour offpeak slot) and set that under scheduled charging in the car infotainment screen. I use Ohme and I deleted all charging schedules on its app. I plug in the charger into the car at anytime during the day and ideally Ohme(or any other charger) would begin charging like a 'dumb' charger but due to the scheduling enabled in the car, the car would not accept the charge and it would only start at 9.30pm. This is working pretty well for me.
Just bear in mind though on rapid chargers or any chargers outside home, you will need to turn off the scheduled charging in the car first before plugging in the rapids. Otherwise it would not accept charging.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom