Scheduled home charging

MickH

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hello all. I have a two year old original MG5 - still the best car I’ve owned - and after all this time, I’ve finally changed to an EV energy tariff with cheap electricity midnight to 5:00 am. My home charger is an EO mini fitted by British Gas and although it’s fairly basic, I can set a charge schedule to take advantage of the off peak charging. However, here lies my problem. For some reason the car doesn’t seem to allow the scheduled charge. If I plug the car in as normal, the handshakes and the charge starts but for some reason, they don’t seem to want to talk when the schedule attempts start.

my question therefore is any suggestions are there people out there charging on a schedule successfully? Any suggestions would be welcomed or my recent change of tariff will have to be considered pointless 🤦‍♂️

I have the eo mini 2 pro and the scheduling for both mine works fine (although very occasionally trips the switch). Could you have the timer also set in the car? Other problem could be if you have wireline adaptor fitted? this can cause problems.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi. That gives me some hope that yours works ok 👍 l‘m not sure the standard range car has a scheduled charge setting, but I’ll certainly check just in case. My charger is the mini pro 2 so I was going to check with EO for any firmware updates and break the cardinal rule and read the manual. Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0
Your pre-facelift MG5 can neither schedule a charge nor limit it by ‘internal’ means. Looks like you need to bite the bullet and read the ‘set up charge schedule’ section in the EO manual…

Upvote 0
Your pre-facelift MG5 can neither schedule a charge nor limit it by ‘internal’ means. Looks like you need to bite the bullet and read the ‘set up charge schedule’ section in the EO manual…
I’ve done the deed and I’m having another go tonight 👍

Upvote 0
In case anyone is interested, I retrieved an old android phone from the bottom drawer (I’ve only used iPhone up till now) and downloaded the EO app and it works perfectly so it must be an issue with the apple version of the app. Anyway, it works so I can now go to sleep at night instead of watching the charger not engaging 🤭

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom