Scratch and infotainment screen

Walderian

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Marvel R
Hi
Has anyone noticed how easy the screen is to get scratches?

I was removing some dirt and and made 3 cm long scratch only by my nail. I thought it was strange and drag nail on the side and it was easly made a scratch. My nails are also very soft and bends when press on them.

I tried scratch the screen protection on my samsung phone without success. And those are much easier to scratch than the glass.

Infotainment screen must be some form of not scratchresistent soft plastic?

It looks bad and it will look very bad after some years of use I predict

Hi

I was removing some dirt and and made 3 cm long scratch only by my nail. I thought it was strange and drag nail on the side and it was easly made a scratch. My nails are also very soft and bends when press on them.

I tried scratch the screen protection on my samsung phone without success. And those are much easier to scratch than the glass.

I have left the screen protector in place that came with the car so no problems. If I need to change it there are plenty available online. I know this is too late for you but you could still put one one to prevent further damage.

There was no screen protector in my car when it was delivered :/
I actually thought it to be sturdy like a phone or tablet

It sounds strange, MG says: Corning Gorilla-glas, and that means it should not be scratched.
Corning Gorilla has been proved to survive 15 drops from 1m height to hard surfaces without braking or scratched. I think you should contact MG dealer...

It sounds strange, MG says: Corning Gorilla-glas, and that means it should not be scratched.
Corning Gorilla has been proved to survive 15 drops from 1m height to hard surfaces without braking or scratched. I think you should contact MG dealer...
I did, they said they did not know what material it was, only thing they said otherwise was it where no protecton film.

Can you refer me to a source telling me it is gorilla glass?

Hi

Hi, is there any chance the original soft plastic protection screen is on your display still, and it is that you have scratched? Rather than the glass underneath?

I did, they said they did not know what material it was, only thing they said otherwise was it where no protecton film.

Can you refer me to a source telling me it is gorilla glass?
Swedish but anyway MG motors

1686223154258.png

Hi, is there any chance the original soft plastic protection screen is on your display still, and it is that you have scratched? Rather than the glass underneath?
That was my original hope. I tried to see if could get a corner or so as with my phones screen. I have not managed to pull up any.
My dealer said the protective sheet has a cap to pull it off when they get it ready for delivery.

I find it strange. Any type of glass should not be able to scratch with nails :/

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom