Votes: 18 54.5%
  • Other? Please reply

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters

Kamil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Hope I can value your input everybody as I am still not convince which one to chose, some points to consider:

1. Never had EV before it will be my first
2. I have everything set up for it solar panels, batteries and zappi ready to go so charging mainly at home.
3. My weekly commute is around 100 miles with sporadical chill out trips around 200m in total.
4. I will keep second diesel ICE car so if any urgent long trips etc can be used with it.
5. I mainly chose trophy because of extra safety tech and my past experience.
6. Never had car with advance technology only reverse sensor so all new to me.

I hope you can steer me right direction, from PCP point of view we are talking £360 a month for trophy over 48 months or SE SR for £320 over 36 months..

Thank you

My humble opinion is that you shouldn’t let other people decide what’s best for you, only you know what can/can’t justify in terms of paying for a car.

I went for the Trophy because I thought the additional tech was worth the additional cost (to me, anyway). I also thought that the back of the SE looked odd with the spoilers missing. But these are very personal and subjective, and doesn’t mean someone else will think the same way. I also chose orange, which is definitely not to everyone’s taste!

Hello,

Hope I can value your input everybody as I am still not convince which one to chose, some points to consider:

1. Never had EV before it will be my first
2. I have everything set up for it solar panels, batteries and zappi ready to go so charging mainly at home.
3. My weekly commute is around 100 miles with sporadical chill out trips around 200m in total.
4. I will keep second diesel ICE car so if any urgent long trips etc can be used with it.
5. I mainly chose trophy because of extra safety tech and my past experience.
6. Never had car with advance technology only reverse sensor so all new to me.

I hope you can steer me right direction, from PCP point of view we are talking £360 a month for trophy over 48 months or SE SR for £320 over 36 months..

Thank you
If you're keeping your ICE for long range journeys then you don't need the LR anything, go cheap, go SR.
270/280 mile range is not a town car it will do whatever journey you want.

My humble opinion is that you shouldn’t let other people decide what’s best for you, only you know what can/can’t justify in terms of paying for a car.

I went for the Trophy because I thought the additional tech was worth the additional cost (to me, anyway). I also thought that the back of the SE looked odd with the spoilers missing. But these are very personal and subjective, and doesn’t mean someone else will think the same way. I also chose orange, which is definitely not to everyone’s taste!
Thank you for your opinion.

It is not for people to decide and I agree however if you 50/50 on both models then people and experience can make that 1% to tip over the scale.

I currently have a ZS EV Excite. I have gone for the MG4 Trophy for the following reasons:

i) The 360 degree camera
ii) The styling
iii) Folding door mirrors
iv) The additional tech

I was originally going for the SE but then changed my mind.

But I do think that it is a personal choice

I choose the Trophy vs SE SR for these reasons:
1. look (spoilers/tinted windows)
2. AC charging speed (11kw/h vs 6.7kw/h)
I'm not able to recharge at home yet so i'll be using any public recharge point, and that is important to me.(i'm leaving in france, not sure the SE SR has different charging speed in UK)
3. connectivity iSmart "full" (I'm pretty geeky and like that kind of thing, even if it is totally dispensable)

So, if look isn't important for you, i recommend you to choose the SE SR, as you'll be charging at home and charge speed isn't a problem

Go for the trophy as it has front indicators in a different position. Is that sensible, of course not, but it's a personal choice, hence we can't tell you what you really want.

If you want an economic answer, keep whatever car you've currently got. Or if you want to make the most of the solar, buy an older, cheaper electric or PHEV and save several thousand pounds over even the SE - your mileage is so low, range shouldn't be an issue and you've got the diesel for the longer journeys. Not doing that means it's no longer an economic decision and therefore down to what you want, not what you need.

For me it was choosing between the SE long range and the Trophy. As much as I like the added design flair of the Trophy and additional tech, the SE LR was the closest in terms of range and pricing to my existing petrol car. It’s a fun choice to have to make if your budget can stretch to the top model.

I've just taken early retirement and I always promised myself my first new car when I did so as I've always had used cars. I went for the Trophy because I wanted to have the extra tech and didn't want to wish I'd spent a bit more and got the car I wanted not the one that was best value.
Everybody has their own valid reasons for the choice they make at the time :)

I bought the trophy because of the tech and range.. ordered a SR now for our second car. Mainly drive the Trophy so can't justify another Trophy.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 537 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back