SE - using iSmart app to drive the car - digital key

MartinSEsr

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi

a few weeks ago I left the car key in the house so i could try this. I unlocked the car using the app, then sat in it. Using the iSmart app menu option My Profile > Digital key it let me power up the car and drive it. All without the actual key being near.

Then I had the updated app on the iphone a week ago, so now range is in Km on the app. I tried the digital key yesterday and it just said 'car key is not in the car' when i tried to drive it. It wouln't let me drive it.

So have SE owners lost the digital key facilitty in the app, too now?

I've an Android phone so I still see miles and have the ability to change it. I can't recall if I've tried the digital key since v1.1.14 though.

After unlocking, did you sit in the seat, swipe the Start button in the DK and then press the brake pedal? (I remember getting some similar message but when I pressed the brake pedal it all came to life).

I've an Android phone so I still see miles and have the ability to change it. I can't recall if I've tried the digital key since v1.1.14 though.

After unlocking, did you sit in the seat, swipe the Start button in the DK and then press the brake pedal? (I remember getting some similar message but when I pressed the brake pedal it all came to life).
Can you expand on that procdure please for a new owner here ?

What do you swipe the Start buton with ?
Where is the start button ?
and what/where is the DK ?

With hindsight I'm guessing its the Ismart app and DK is the Digital Key. The swipe is done by your finger across the app screen showing "unlock"?

TIA

I checked my app last night and the digital key facility is there despite my car being an SE. It let me set it up, but I don't honestly know how to use it.

^^^ explains how and where to access the DK.

In my case I get close to the car (so it connects via Bluetooth), go to the DK page, press the Unlock button, enter my PIN and the car unlocks. I get in, sit on the seat and then use the DK to Start the car - this may give a Key Not Present message. I fasten my seatbelt and press the brake pedal and the car comes to life into READY state and I can drive away.

I couldn't work this out either & then found this thread. The app said bluetooth not active but it was. Then I swiped up & there was the button to activate the digital key which had been hidden below the screen. Put my pin number in, it said activated, foot on the brake & all's well.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back