SE version night driving

OriginalBigAl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
As my last post was hijacked by Trophy owning twitchers , this is just for SE owners. Last night was my first driving with the headlights on . Others have said that the beams although good (in part) that they are too narrow in both vertical and horizontal planes. I agree, even altering the bias for weight did not help, on undulating roads the lit section of road was any where between 50m and 250m ,this was made worse by the suspension travel, these were very dark country roads which fortunately I know well. The main problem I encountered was when turning left or right, you see the junction approaching , indicate and slow down ,then the junction disappears into an un lit area 15-20m in front and to the side of the car 45 degrees either direction of the driving position. This makes the final turn in position a bit of guesswork , its not helped by the indicator on the mirror ruining your limited night vision. Has any one else found this to be the case, I don,t think the headlights are not aligned correctly as the straight ahead configuration seems acceptable , and apart from fitting a truckers light bar to the roof which might bugger up the aerodynamics I am a little bit out of instant solutions. If any one has the same experiences and has found a solution , please share. Buying a Trophy is not an option , unless of course you,ve stuffed it and are selling the headlight clusters and indicator bars, that last bit is a pre-emptive joke.

I've noticed the same (on one-week-old Australian Excite version which is same as SE), particularly turning left. No solution though, I'm afraid, but would like to see one. I had wondered if switching to high beam would help but haven't tried it yet.

I've just posted up in the modify area a thought on this and easy on off when it goes back.

Oh and another thing , when returning home in the dark, I forgot to turn off LKA and although the symbol was white it never once activated itself , turned green or sounded an alarm , some of the roads had good markings centre and edge, I was a bit knackered so I can,t believe I did not get near to these markings . Just goes to show that when it might be of use it,s not working , or is there a different sensitivity for night time use? or maybe I,m such a good driver I,m not giving myself due credit!!! again anyone with similar experience.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 520 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back