Secret engineering mode menu. What do the settings mean?

Maybe try one of these - perhaps some further links there

As stated, this has been posted quite a few times already.

Is there a "ludicrous mode" setting on there ? ;)
race racing GIF

Useful selection of videos on YouTube

Jake Newiss from this group shows how to change hvac settings via engineering mode to give actual temp rather than just blue and red indication of temp.

You'll also find on youtube in the comments of one or two of these videos that the makers of the YouTube videos themselves even reverted to the original settings. I di try them and the sad truth is that these HVAC screens are no more than alternative displays as far as I can see and DO NOT ADD ANY NEW FUNCTIONALITY to the ZS. The ZS doesn't have climate control although the Gen 1 MG5 does and the code for the head units of each model is unlikely to be totally original and written from the ground up for each individual car. The chances are in all probability that at an engineering level both share the same core code and the user interface ie the screens you and I see every day are "localised" to the market they are sold to. Personally, having tried the screen with numbers showing degrees Centigrade it isn't as intuitive as the screen the ZS Gen 1 ships with and I switched back as the numbers didn't relate to the cabin temperature only the temperature of the air in the heater.

Wow changing stuff in an engineering menu, with chinese labels essentially blindly.

Google lens will probably do a somewhat decent job of translating those chinese labels. (And if there is some in there, that are not gender neutral, it will change them to be gender neutral, per Google's new policy :rolleyes:)

There is a setting to chose region of car. China, Europe or Thailand. Since Thailand has qr code and ismart setup for the hs phev (ehs) has anyone tried it?

The ZS EV Gen 1 in Thailand has iSmart and a completely different software build supporting Thai and English labels. However, changing the the region to Thai and selecting English language will do nothing to enable iSmart as iSmart requires additional "Hardware module" for the GSM functionality. You can go back 2½ years plus on UK forums before first orders shipped to UK and find teardown photos with the head Unit out showing the separate GSM module attached to the back of the Thai Head Unit which aren't fitted to the European models.

Thanks BarryH, great info. I was refering to the EHS (HS PHEV in the UK) The model i have in Sweden has a SOS button. I would only assume that it has a sim and GSM module to make the call.
Since the Thai HS PHEV has iSmart i would assume that it could work with the European one.

Thanks BarryH, great info. I was refering to the EHS (HS PHEV in the UK) The model i have in Sweden has a SOS button. I would only assume that it has a sim and GSM module to make the call.
Since the Thai HS PHEV has iSmart i would assume that it could work with the European one.
When the ZS EV was launched in Europe a little over 2 years ago, there was a lot of discussion on the various forums about whether the ZS would get app support since this was available on the model sold in Thailand. There were suggestions that the time that restrictions on the sharing and distribution of data within Europe would have prevented iSmart been deployed on European models since it relied on servers in China holding personal data about the vehicle and its journeys. The facelift ZS which does have app support isn't serviced directly by MG but a third party which I believe is either European or US-owned, but I forget the details.

In reality, it only needs GSM, it does not need a simcard. The GSM system is designed to let any GSM device, with or without a simcard do emergency calls. :)

Attachments

• ACD0EFBC-BDD6-42AC-AAA7-161CABBF66EE.jpeg
    ACD0EFBC-BDD6-42AC-AAA7-161CABBF66EE.jpeg
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,478
  • A3A43DD4-6FE8-4092-A82B-9A0C264DB4E3.jpeg
    A3A43DD4-6FE8-4092-A82B-9A0C264DB4E3.jpeg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,561
  • D153E446-508E-40F0-A1C2-BFDB120D9706.jpeg
    D153E446-508E-40F0-A1C2-BFDB120D9706.jpeg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,452
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video