• We have updated MGEVs and introduced rules for using our Classifieds forums. For more information, please click here.

For Sale Selling my 2020 ZS EV Exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techman211

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have just been offered £22200 for my 70 reg ZS EV Exclusive in Black, only covered 1600 miles from new, anyone interested in this before it goes in October. I am located in Hastings East Sussex.
63A37B5A-819A-452D-9D54-C10A38624633.jpeg
68F5A7D1-5F91-46C3-91D3-CC99EEAD3F8C.jpeg

That’s a huge offer despite the low mileage. Take their arm off.

Having said that, if it’s a part exchange valuation rather than an offer to buy it for cash, make sure the car you are buying isn’t inflated to compensate.

Do you know what, I should have done a £10 bet to win !.
That is what I thought 💭 you where going to say !.
Honestly 👍.
Are you attracted by the higher range I am like to bet.
The dealer maybe happy to take a small SUV as it is generally more popular than an estate car.
Go for it absolutely a no brainier in my book !.
Going by our posts, I think it maybe nearer Xmas before it arrives though.
Are they sticking to the the price to change, if there is a delay ?.

I have just been offered £22200 for my 70 reg ZS EV Exclusive in Black, only covered 1600 miles from new, anyone interested in this before it goes in October. I am located in Hastings East Sussex.View attachment 4831View attachment 4832
You’ll get more on a private sale I’m sure, I’m being offer £19444 for my 20 plate with over 24 thousand miles on the clock now and it going up every week…on we buy any car .com

You’ll get more on a private sale I’m sure, I’m being offer £19444 for my 20 plate with over 24 thousand miles on the clock now and it going up every week…on we buy any car .com
OMG.
I just put mine into we buy any car, 12k miles, £20,565!!!!!!!
That's more than we paid for it!!!!!

Did you buy on the affinity scheme?
How many cars can you buy using the affinity scheme?

Nobody’s going to pay more than £22k for a second hand ZS EV in a private sale when they can go to a main dealer and buy one for pretty much the same. There’s still stock out there, Chorley were advertising 71 reg pre-registered cars for £22,995 last week.

Nobody’s going to pay more than £22k for a second hand ZS EV in a private sale when they can go to a main dealer and buy one for pretty much the same. There’s still stock out there, Chorley were advertising 71 reg pre-registered cars for £22,995 last week.
But as the stock depletes the prices will go up further, if you can sell on webuyanycar.com you can get at least 1k more in the real world as they do buy cheap…

OMG.
Mine has increased by about 1k in the last month on this website, they are desperate for cars…

But as the stock depletes the prices will go up further, if you can sell on webuyanycar.com you can get at least 1k more in the real world as they do buy cheap…
Except at the moment they aren’t buying cheap, they’re paying very close to retail in order to prop up their struggling retail business, Cinch, which is dying for stock. These cars will be sold there for possibly even less than the £1000 margin you describe - with delivery and a money back guarantee.

Except at the moment they aren’t buying cheap, they’re paying very close to retail in order to prop up their struggling retail business, Cinch, which is dying for stock. These cars will be sold there for possibly even less than the £1000 margin you describe - with delivery and a money back guarantee.
WBAC and Cinch is both owned by BCA ( British Car Auctions ).
They need massive through put of cars, just to keep up their sales numbers.
Car dealers can not get their hands on cars for the forecourt, because the above are paying such high prices for them at the moment, EV's are seeing really strong numbers.
Johnathon Porterfield of Eco Cars gave this typical example.
He bought a 2015 Zoe a few years ago for a client, at auction for a customer.
He paid just under £6,000 for the car, last week the same model / year Zoe came up, with a starting price of almost 10,000 !!!!!!!.
That's how crazy it has gone.

I should get my MG5 LR on Thursday. The dealer offered me £4,000 as a trade in. We Buy Any Car offered me £6,500!
Sounds about right !.
The dealer would take in your car at the rock bottom price, then drive it straight around to WBAC and have it sold before you can even get home in your new car, then pocket the profit.
Don’t you just LOVE the way they operate.
Honest as the day’s are long 😞.

Sounds about right !.
The dealer would take in your car at the rock bottom price, then drive it straight around to WBAC and have it sold before you can even get home in your new car, then pocket the profit.
Don’t you just LOVE the way they operate.
Honest as the day’s are long 😞.
Possibly - but they are shooting themselves in the foot if the price they offer the customer is low, resulting in the likes of me trying WBAC to see what they offer, and then grabbing said offer very very gratefully. And as a result miss out on a car to re-sell.

Possibly - but they are shooting themselves in the foot if the price they offer the customer is low, resulting in the likes of me trying WBAC to see what they offer, and then grabbing said offer very very gratefully. And as a result miss out on a car to re-sell.
That is very true, but they are relying on the average person, just wanting to roll up in there old car and drive away in their new car.
A lot of people just don’t want the job of shifting there old car themselves, the dealers know this of course.
I have never traded in my old car to the dealer, unless I have exhausted every other method of selling it first.
I always inform the dealer of my intentions to do so, before ordering a car.
I have never had any of them object.
You don’t have anything to loss really ?.
Moving your car on yourself can save YOU a lot of money.
As you have correctly proven.
I sold my previous car when prices where strong, but then had to wait a couple of months for my new car to arrive.
We are lucky enough to have my wife’s car to use.
Having the use of a second car, puts you in a stronger position also, because you are under no pressure to accept a poor offer for your car.
You have profited from the sale of your car and that is always brilliant - Well done !.

OMG.
Yeah my dealer said I should do that with mine and webuyanycar.com had over £20 for a Red Exclusive Jan 2020 69 plate with 11500 miles, but I know they offer high and take loads off for minor imperfections so to checked out other competitors to WBAC and got offers ranging from £17,500 down to £6763 so I'd not rely on WBAC quote before committing unless you can afford to take a substantial cut. I have to admit that having test driven the MG5 LR the ride is better than the ZS. Having sat in both Excite and Exclusive and since neither have Skyroof I prefer the seats in the Excite! and the Exclusive hasn't got anything other than the Electric folding mirrors that I would miss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom