• We have updated MGEVs and introduced rules for using our Classifieds forums. For more information, please click here.

For Sale Selling my 2020 ZS EV Exclusive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just been offered £22200 for my 70 reg ZS EV Exclusive in Black, only covered 1600 miles from new, anyone interested in this before it goes in October. I am located in Hastings East Sussex.View attachment 4831View attachment 4832
That's an amazing price, dealers can't shift them on Autotrader at that figure for such a car

But as the stock depletes the prices will go up further, if you can sell on webuyanycar.com you can get at least 1k more in the real world as they do buy cheap…
We Buy Any Car may have offered you a good headline price, but when they see the car, every blemish, scratch, sign of wear etc will be pointed out and money taken off. You then have to pay them a fee to release your money. Good luck.

I have used them a lot and found them to be fair. I even got £90 more when the looked at my Merc M class. Best to be aware and know that you can always walk away. I did that once too.

You’ll get more on a private sale I’m sure, I’m being offer £19444 for my 20 plate with over 24 thousand miles on the clock now and it going up every week…on we buy any car .com
I don't think it will sell on a private sale, they are not shifting on AutoTrader. The Trade may be paying silly over book money but Joe Public is not so fast yo pay over the odds!

We Buy Any Car may have offered you a good headline price, but when they see the car, every blemish, scratch, sign of wear etc will be pointed out and money taken off. You then have to pay them a fee to release your money. Good luck.
I ended up with £500 less than they initially offered. I did not have to pay them a fee to release the money. They paid £2,500 more than the dealer offered me.

Cazoo sale here. A £50 collection fee was charged which I consider an absolute bargain as they sent a chap all the way from Manchester with a flatbed to collect it. Methinks it cost them more than that to collect!

Nobody’s going to pay more than £22k for a second hand ZS EV in a private sale when they can go to a main dealer and buy one for pretty much the same. There’s still stock out there, Chorley were advertising 71 reg pre-registered cars for £22,995 last week.
Pre registered cars dont get the same discounts like infinity scheme etc

You might want to contact Motorway.com. I used them to sell my Diesel Tiguan. The car is basically auctioned to dealers. Motorway look at the mean auction price for that car over a period of time.
Highest bidder wins. You don't have to accept their bid.
I got £1500 more than what a trade in would have given.

Did you buy on the affinity scheme?
How many cars can you buy using the affinity scheme?
But as the stock depletes the prices will go up further, if you can sell on webuyanycar.com you can get at least 1k more in the real world as they do buy cheap…
Stock will still be an issue for a number of months, so your car should keep its value for a little while.

My experience of WBAC is that the price will creep up if you don't sell so give it a go and then wait two weeks and put it in again, usually works up to 4 weeks after first enquiry then price starts to descend. Have to say I have always been satisfied with them and never had the price knock down at time of purchase others have reported.

Yeah my dealer said I should do that with mine and webuyanycar.com had over £20 for a Red Exclusive Jan 2020 69 plate with 11500 miles, but I know they offer high and take loads off for minor imperfections so to checked out other competitors to WBAC and got offers ranging from £17,500 down to £6763 so I'd not rely on WBAC quote before committing unless you can afford to take a substantial cut. I have to admit that having test driven the MG5 LR the ride is better than the ZS. Having sat in both Excite and Exclusive and since neither have Skyroof I prefer the seats in the Excite! and the Exclusive hasn't got anything other than the Electric folding mirrors that I would miss.
About six months on the New model is on sale and deliveries are beginning. I've put another 3,000 miles on the clock and it has had its 2nd-year MG dealer annual service, but the Carzoo offer has dropped £6000. so looks like I'll be holding on to it now as the economics have dropped from the dizzy heights of late 2021. That equates to 2p/ mile electricity but £2/mile depreciation! I should have sold the car in September and used a taxi which I wouldn't have to have taxed and insured.

About six months on the New model is on sale and deliveries are beginning. I've put another 3,000 miles on the clock and it has had its 2nd-year MG dealer annual service, but the Carzoo offer has dropped £6000. so looks like I'll be holding on to it now as the economics have dropped from the dizzy heights of late 2021. That equates to 2p/ mile electricity but £2/mile depreciation! I should have sold the car in September and used a taxi which I wouldn't have to have taxed and insured.
I have been keeping a close eye on the value of my car, from when we ordered a new LR Trophy in November.
The price has bobbed around a little over the last few months and we have also added about 2,000+ miles to the car.
However the price from WBAC is still the same as the original quote from them, back in November time.
Carzoo have been offering better prices than WBAC generally, but maybe there prices have now levelled out ?.
I would recheck your valuation again in a few weeks time, as prices do fluctuate given how many cars of that type are available for sale.

I have been keeping a close eye on the value of my car, from when we ordered a new LR Trophy in November.
The price has bobbed around a little over the last few months and we have also added about 2,000+ miles to the car.
However the price from WBAC is still the same as the original quote from them, back in November time.
Carzoo have been offering better prices than WBAC generally, but maybe there prices have now levelled out ?.
I would recheck your valuation again in a few weeks time, as prices do fluctuate given how many cars of that type are available for sale.
I will do.

I'm probably going to wait for the MG5 Facelift around October which I think has similar treatment to the interior of Facelift ZS or perhaps the MG4 we've been tested with 😎

This is a classified advert thread you've revived so I'm going to close to further comment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom