Sending destination to car from App

Riggers

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I've set up destinations in the app and attempted to send them to the car using the parer aeroplane button. The app reprts "Sent" but I can't find it in the sat nav in the car.
Am I missing something or is this another non functioning feature?

It used to appear as a POI in the User page.

So I thought I would try but I've found that the car wants me to login to my iSmart account using the centre display. I never had that before and did not proceed because I have never logged in except via my phone and did want to experiment at the moment.

Theoretically it should not be a problem and then I will be able to see messages, POIs, etc.

I can't work out how to set up a destination let alone send it to the car.

I can't work out how to set up a destination let alone send it to the car.

Open MG iSmart app, tap centre bottom icon to show the map, in the search bar at the top type in where you want to go, if it shows the right destination tap the paper aeroplane icon at the bottom left of your screen. It'll say "sent to car."

In the car swipe left on the home screen, tap User, tap POI and your destination should be there.

In my test I did that but the car wanted me to login to iSmart using the centre screen before I could use any of the tabs.

Is this correct behaviour?

Open MG iSmart app, tap centre bottom icon to show the map, in the search bar at the top type in where you want to go, if it shows the right destination tap the paper aeroplane icon at the bottom left of your screen. It'll say "sent to car."

In the car swipe left on the home screen, tap User, tap POI and your destination should be there.
Thanks Ian, that worked a treat I'd tried all sorts except the search bar.
homer-simpson-doh.png

In my test I did that but the car wanted me to login to iSmart using the centre screen before I could use any of the tabs.

Is this correct behaviour?
I assume you have to log in to the car, I was already logged in when I tried it last night.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 502 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back