Service

Headgas1

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Good Afternoon
I live in Bristol and I was wondering if anyone can recommend the best place to get a service,?? I have a choice of 3 MG dealers near me and I don’t really mind which one I use but I think it’s better if you know someone who has had a good experience

Thanks in Advance

Might want to check the price on the phone - I called 3 MGs within 70miles of us and all quoted the same £260 for the second year service. It was the price MG ask them to charge apparently.
The prices I have quoted are from mg dealers just so there is no confusion and there links

Upvote 0
I used Wilcox in Wickwar (same place I bought the car from).
Worth considering if you prefer a family run business that's the oldest MG dealer in the UK IIRC.
Just had my first service done today at Wilcox, very pleased with reception staff, price and such a nice place to go for a walk along country lanes. Called a few dealers nearer to me but was not impressed with prices: one more than double the price! Islington Trowbridge dismissed instantly when I was asked if the MG5 was manual or automatic. Will definitely be going back to Wickwar next year.

Upvote 0
such a nice place to go for a walk along country lanes
Exactly what I did as the weather was so nice.
Example of the local scenery:
Wickwar.jpg

Upvote 0
@moosetication

In a previous post, you mentioned you can download a Service Book from MG, ie not the user manuals, but the book that is filled in and stamped when the car gets its annual service.

Is that correct? If so, do you have a link for it please?

Upvote 0
@moosetication

In a previous post, you mentioned you can download a Service Book from MG, ie not the user manuals, but the book that is filled in and stamped when the car gets its annual service.

Is that correct? If so, do you have a link for it please?
See #16 I doubt that MG would stamp it as their records are digitnow.

Upvote 0
Good Afternoon
I live in Bristol and I was wondering if anyone can recommend the best place to get a service,?? I have a choice of 3 MG dealers near me and I don’t really mind which one I use but I think it’s better if you know someone who has had a good experience

Thanks in Advance
I'd definitely recommend AE Wilcox in Wickwar, south Gloucestershire, very friendly and a long history of MG / Rover etc

Upvote 0
HI All just a question on cost off first service, been quoted £146, also i got my MG5 LR in september
and today MG Maidstone quoted this amount.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Has anyone had any luck getting the £6 per month service plan that MG were advertising a while back?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-06-12-45-26-419_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-06-12-45-26-419_com.android.chrome.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 63
Upvote 0
Yes
just my two penneth worth, but I got my service plan with Baylis MG Gloucester in June and its costing me 6.30 per month for the 4 year plan... that keeps my warranty in check and also gives me the year on year AA breakdown cover... not only that they are an awesome dealer that my family have had dealings with for over 60 years.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom