Servicing cost increased

AdamMGEV

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
So when I got my MG5 my first service was about £30. For our MG4 the first service is just over £100, why is that?

I have just been quoted £178 for the first service on my MG5 Excite pre facelift which has done 4000 miles. It seems a lot. Is it the going rate? I wonder what others have paid recently

MG have two levels of service charges.
They have the average user and low milage user rates.
With only 4,000 miles covered in 12 months, I thought you would qualify for the lower rate of charges ?.
I would ask again or call another dealer for a price.
My first service on both of our ZS EV’s were about £60 each.

I have just been quoted £178 for the first service on my MG5 Excite pre facelift which has done 4000 miles. It seems a lot. Is it the going rate? I wonder what others have paid recently
I paid £99 for first service FL ~6000 miles.

So when I got my MG5 my first service was about £30. For our MG4 the first service is just over £100, why is that?
Get your own quote direct from the dealer via MG online. It will be cheaper. You can opt for a 1 year plan (i.e. just one service) Click on the link under the first bold headline

Get your own quote direct from the dealer via MG online. It will be cheaper. You can opt for a 1 year plan (i.e. just one service) Click on the link under the first bold headline

I just went through a quote for 36 months and crunched the numbers. They want to charge me £37.20 for paying monthly.
I think I'll put it in the savings and get a bit of interest on it and pay on the day.

Edit: £8.40 extra for 12 months plan.

Last edited:
I just went through a quote for 36 months and crunched the numbers. They want to charge me £37.20 for paying monthly.
I think I'll put it in the savings and get a bit of interest on it and pay on the day.

Edit: £8.40 extra for 12 months plan.
You can just book a one time payment service through the online site. This is what I did.

I have just returned this afternoon from my 2 year/30000 mile service on my 5 at only 10,000 miles, so a low mileage service.

After being quoted £230 on the phone when booking the service, I did the online quote, £180, and printed it off, ready to challenge the price when presented with the bill.

Quote hastily stuffed back in pocket after the service when the bill came to £127. 😃
Full AA cover stated as renewed for another year, but I will check in a day or 2 with the AA just to confirm. Service report and video of basic health check supplied, all tyres discs, pads, suspension etc all AOK.

A bit of a follow up on this topic. I looked at my local MG dealer's website and they quote £239 for a 2 years service.
The link supplied by simorgan42 quotes £180.19 !!.

I couldn't find a way to book a one time payment, but even £8.40 extra for paying monthly is cheaper than £239. I'm going to bite their hand off. :)

A bit of a follow up on this topic. I looked at my local MG dealer's website and they quote £239 for a 2 years service.
The link supplied by simorgan42 quotes £180.19 !!.

I couldn't find a way to book a one time payment, but even £8.40 extra for paying monthly is cheaper than £239. I'm going to bite their hand off. :)
That wasnt my link but I just went to check how I booked my service. I was wrong I booked it using the MG Dealers website rather than the general MG website.

Thanks for the link. You have saved me £50 on my 2 year service. :)

Thanks for the various replies. I have managed to get a cheaper quote from a dealer that is closer. I will use the MG service plan route for the following service. I had not spotted the reply from Gomev before I agreed to the quote from the dealer I rang otherwise I would use that method for the first service.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom