Setting the charge period

Thank you. Just to clarify....are you talking about the app for the car as we only have an app for the charger...
In the Ohme app you can select the tariff you are on and then select price cap. This forces the charge to happen off peak only

Attachments

• IMG_1131.jpeg
    IMG_1131.jpeg
    206.3 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1130.jpeg
    IMG_1130.jpeg
    235.2 KB · Views: 20
How do you set the charging time ....we have tried unsuccessfully using the ohme home charger station and also via app
Has it been correctly wired up? I found I couldn't use all the functions on my Zappi charger as it had not been properly installed. It was missing a "CT clamp". Installer fixed when I alerted them to the Zappi help desk suggestion as to what the problem might be.

Many thanks for your reply. I can't find anything on the screen that relates to charging. We want to set our Ohme charging port in the driveway to start at say 01:00hrs and end at 06:00hrs but it doesn't appear to be that simple or straightforward...I don't think the functionality exists in the charger/app to take opportunity of off peak tariff.
We’ve had an Ohme home charger for a few weeks now… and I’m still trying to get my head around it 😂

Essentially, you have to come at charging from a different angle if you want to take advantage of the Intelligent Go tariff: you ask the Ohme app to charge to a certain percentage (for example, if you have 50% charge, and want it to finish up with 90% charge, you ask the Ohme charger to supply 40% charge) - and then you input the finish time, the charger works out when to start (and it will warn you if your requested charge is not possible in that time frame).

btw, the nighttime EV tariff is between 11:30pm and 05:30am. Also, you should disable the Price cap on the Ohme app.

Has it been correctly wired up? I found I couldn't use all the functions on my Zappi charger as it had not been properly installed. It was missing a "CT clamp". Installer fixed when I alerted them to the Zappi help desk suggestion as to what the problem might be.
Thank you. I think it has but we are waiting on the guy who installed OHme charger to contact us.

We’ve had an Ohme home charger for a few weeks now… and I’m still trying to get my head around it 😂

Essentially, you have to come at charging from a different angle if you want to take advantage of the Intelligent Go tariff: you ask the Ohme app to charge to a certain percentage (for example, if you have 50% charge, and want it to finish up with 90% charge, you ask the Ohme charger to supply 40% charge) - and then you input the finish time, the charger works out when to start (and it will warn you if your requested charge is not possible in that time frame).

btw, the nighttime EV tariff is between 11:30pm and 05:30am. Also, you should disable the Price cap on the Ohme app.
Thank you for this information. I think I'm understanding a bit better so my wife and I will have another look and let you know. We have tried everything but if this is the solution then it will be wonderful.

However, if you have battery storage be careful to make sure it is charging from the grid and not your storage batteries

How do you set the charging time ....we have tried unsuccessfully using the ohme home charger station and also via app
On the EV there is toggle switch for battery. It is the opposite end to the switch for Eco Normal and Sport. It shows the battery charge when the car is running. As soon as you use it it gives the option for scheduled charging and you can set the times. You have to do it with the car switched on

On the EV there is toggle switch for battery. It is the opposite end to the switch for Eco Normal and Sport. It shows the battery charge when the car is running. As soon as you use it it gives the option for scheduled charging and you can set the times. You have to do it with the car switched on
Thank you...I will investigate that.

Thank you...I will investigate that.
Just checked this toggle switch and only displays the range left in miles or the speed sign.

However, if you have battery storage be careful to make sure it is charging from the grid and not your storage batteries
Just to let you know we think we have cracked it. We have just setup a charge of 50% on the Ohme charging station and got it going. Then we paused it on our mobile phone app. The charger paused. Then we set it going again on the phone app from inside the house. It is now charging again. This means that we can now at least activate charging remotely at the start of the off peak time.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom