Settings To Get Just Cruise Control Functionality?

CarbonEV

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Took my 4 onto the motorway for the first time and I’m used to just pressing CC and then holding that speed.

But with the 4, it was trying to steer for me (causing a vibration effect through the wheel) as as well constantly doing minute alterations.

Then the lane keep assist was beeping and trying to steer,

And then it was auto braking due to cars in front!

For me, this was all just too much,

What’s the best way to just make the car hold speed without anything else?

Is this even possible?

Lastly,

Can you turn off cameras when you signal?

It’s a little buggy for me and with CarPlay it caused the screen to go black.

Yep, go into MG Pilot menu when stationary and select ACC not TJA and that will do pure cruise control

Put the car in reverse. when the cameras are up press the cog top right and you can turn off the indicator cameras

I'd also suggest turning LKA (Lane Keep Assist) off in MG Pilot too (if you have'nt already) unless you really want it (but it sounds like you don't !!)

To mimiise the slowing down and speeding up with ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) I'd try playing with the regen options and power modes on motorway journeys in the Driving mode. Some suggest ECO mode and Adaptive Regen minimises the over-zealous slowing down when you meet a slower car ahead.

How do you find the Xpower at 68-74mph ? any vibration through the steering ? See the seperate thread (search for "MG4 Xpower Vibe/Hum 65to75mph" thread.

Last edited:
Yep, go into MG Pilot menu when stationary and select ACC not TJA and that will do pure cruise control

Put the car in reverse. when the cameras are up press the cog top right and you can turn off the indicator cameras

As @ttforever says above. ACC will still adjust your speed but it won't try to steer for you.

MG Pilot forgets settings every time, is there anyway to get it to remember or do you have to adjust it every time?

I'd also suggest turning LKA (Lane Keep Assist) off in MG Pilot too (if you have'nt already) unless you really want it (but it sounds like you don't !!)

To mimiise the slowing down and speeding up with ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) I'd try playing with the regen options and power modes on motorway journeys in the Driving mode. Some suggest ECO mode and Adaptive Regen minimises the over-zealous slowing down when you meet a slower car ahead.

How do you find the Xpower at 68-74mph ? any vibration through the steering ? See the seperate thread (search for "MG4 Xpower Vibe/Hum 65to75mph" thread.

Thank you,

Yes, I get steering vibration 60+ and it’s quite noticeable.

I came from an Ibiza which was rock solid and before that I’ve had BMWs, a Polo & Corsa.

I’m sure I’ll get used to it 😄

It'll remember the ACC vs TJA selection - if it doesn't then that's a fault. LKA should always turn on as that's required by Euro NCAP for the 5 star rating. (The MG4 doesn't have driver profiles so the car has to default to a standard configuration ... LKA on, Normal mode, Regen level 3).

Anecdotally, I found Adaptive regen with Sport mode to be the most responsive to changes in speed of vehicles in front - much less of a yo-yo effect. I also tend to set the distance marker to 2 bars. (Flick the left joystick left/right to change this setting).

MG Pilot forgets settings every time, is there anyway to get it to remember or do you have to adjust it every time?

Thank you,

I came from an Ibiza which was rock solid and before that I’ve had BMWs, a Polo & Corsa.

It might be worth having your front wheels balanced, as that is about the speed you would notice it

Thank you,

It might be worth having your front wheels balanced, as that is about the speed you would notice it

Wait,

They don’t come balanced from the factory???
The vibration could be caused by flat spots on the tyres from the car sitting for so long during shipping. It should disappear after they've been driven for a few miles and warmed up.

More information here.

The vibration could be caused by flat spots on the tyres from the car sitting for so long during shipping. It should disappear after they've been driven for a few miles and warmed up.

More information here.

I'll keep an eye on this,

I don't know if it was placebo, but last night was "less" when I took it on the motorway.

I'll keep an eye on this,

I don't know if it was placebo, but last night was "less" when I took it on the motorway.

It seems to come and go depending on road, gradient and surface. the worst I've had is at 68mph on an uphill gradient on the A1 on a smooth surface. Felt like an unbalanced tyre but the Australian article would suggest a damper is required to the steering and many others have dismissed unbalanced wheels (having checked them) and it seems every single Xpower has the issue to some degree.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back