Shared Key Facility

Steve Chope

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this question. Still hanging fire to order due to the number of problems reported In the hope they will all eventually get sorted. In previous cars my wife, when travelling with me, has always carried the spare key in her bag so that if I lose mine we still have access or if we wish to access the car at different times individually while out we can. I understand the shared key facility has now been removed so if she does carry the spare key in the car with me will it interfere with the function of my key/software etc.

Not sure if this is the correct thread to ask this question. Still hanging fire to order due to the number of problems reported In the hope they will all eventually get sorted. In previous cars my wife, when travelling with me, has always carried the spare key in her bag so that if I lose mine we still have access or if we wish to access the car at different times individually while out we can. I understand the shared key facility has now been removed so if she does carry the spare key in the car with me will it interfere with the function of my key/software etc.
No my wife often has a 2nd key in the car, it's the app function that has been removed rather than the physical key.

As above, seems it’s the digital sharing of a key that is being / has been removed. That will have no effect on the physical keys.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back