Shark fin aerial on ZS EV in India

Cars I've had in recent years with the shorter style antennas have lost DAB reception momentarily in 4 or 5 places on local roads I use regularly. Since having the MG ZS EV with the older style longer antenna I don't lose reception in any of those places. Height isn't a problem so I'm keeping mine as is.

I unscrewed my aerial and radio is ok on my driveway so was DAB but I'm guessing DAB will have issues driving around. I don't need either really and would like to cap off the unscrewed area. (Don't want water getting in and it to start to rust)
Any suggestions how?

I thought the aerial was mainly to improve phone reception?

Coat hanger! We’re far too posh as MG owners for that! Especially when you can get a replacement for £4 off eBay!

I unscrewed my aerial and radio is ok on my driveway so was DAB but I'm guessing DAB will have issues driving around. I don't need either really and would like to cap off the unscrewed area. (Don't want water getting in and it to start to rust)
Any suggestions how?
Try a small bolt from B&Q/Wicks with a bit of sealer.

Just ordered one

Just ordered one so thanks for the link. (y)
This is what they look like on the car.
Aerial.jpg

Yeah looks good (y) The kit came with 4 other different lengths of threaded brass bar tI picked one
Yeah looks good (y) The kit came with 4 other different lengths of threaded brass bar to fit all types of aerial types. Well worth it for under a fiver.
Only charge £4 if you call into their unit in Wolverhampton. What a bargain!

The aluminium/carbon fibre stub aerial arrived in the post today & took two minutes to fit. Out with the jerry rigged aerial that was too tall to go in my garage & in with the new aerial :cool: Works just fine (y)
ETQQduHl.jpg

MTZbLWvl.jpg
Is that Bik Biro or a Papermate?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom