Sharp rear parcel shelf

ging353

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Has anyone else noticed just how sharp the rear parcel shelf is on the edge. Having just had a lovely holiday on the East coast and grappling with lots of luggage in the cavernous boot I was attacked by the very sharp edge on the rear parcel shelf causing one or two lumps of my forehead skin to disappear. I think a rubber edging strip for the shelf will be on my shopping list in the very near future.

I’ve found loads of sharp edged plastics around the car, goes with the territory. Not injured myself yet though !

It seems to have come from the same factory as my old 2015 Mazda3. I actually managed to gash above my eye misjudging the height on that parcel shelf, so I’m super wary of all parcel shelves (I’m a big fan of retractable ones you tend to find in estates, they should be standard if you ask me in all cars)

Problem solved!! 😄 £1.50 per metre fitted in minutes!

28BEAEFE-0EC2-4BDA-ABFB-EC4E9A46DDCE.jpeg

I originally found it on good old AliExpress but, whilst it was cheap, they were charging for delivery (and it would have taken two to four weeks in my experience). I then checked out Amazon and found the same strip at the Metal House and it was delivered free within 48 hours. It is actually listed as door edge protection strip.

I originally found it on good old AliExpress but, whilst it was cheap, they were charging for delivery (and it would have taken two to four weeks in my experience). I then checked out Amazon and found the same strip at the Metal House and it was delivered free within 48 hours. It is actually listed as door edge protection strip.

I’m guessing this one?The Metal House Extra Large black rubber car edge protective trim 14mm x 16mm The Metal House Extra Large black rubber car edge protective trim 14mm x 16mm: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom