• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

They don’t ?.
But dealers will prioritise THEIR retail customers over satisfying lease companies due to the shortage of cars.
Remember the profit margin on a retail sale at the dealership, is much greater than satisfying a small number of cars to a lease company.
IF the supply of cars where endless, then selling a large volume of cars to a lease company is great, but the dealer is not likely to line the pocket of a lease company, over one of their own customers at their own expense.
The large number of cars that lease companies require are just not there !.
It would be interesting to know, how many ZS EV facelift models have been supplied through a lease company to-date ????.
My guess is the majority of car supplied upto now will either be cash sales or PCP deals.
Lease companies are regular customers for a dealership and can very lucrative, more so than the average punter. So are kept 'onside'.

They don’t ?.
But dealers will prioritise THEIR retail customers over satisfying lease companies due to the shortage of cars.
Remember the profit margin on a retail sale at the dealership, is much greater than satisfying a small number of cars to a lease company.
IF the supply of cars where endless, then selling a large volume of cars to a lease company is great, but the dealer is not likely to line the pocket of a lease company, over one of their own customers at their own expense.
The large number of cars that lease companies require are just not there !.
It would be interesting to know, how many ZS EV facelift models have been supplied through a lease company to-date ????.
My guess is the majority of car supplied upto now will either be cash sales or PCP deals.
Why would they prioritise an individual who likely has no loyalty (I'd argue that the majority of people don't have same brand of car every time they purchase but even if they did, it's one purchase every 3-5 years) over a lease company who will buy many cars a year without the dealership having to do any work outside of draw up the deal with the lease company.

In terms of making business sense it would make more to prioritise the lease companies. The only reason I can think of for it to make sense to prioritise the individual is if you were worried they would go to social media and complain about your brand. That doesn't make sense however as every car brand is in that situation so it's easily fobbed off by their respective social media departments. Global shortage, recovering from covid, war on Ukraine, etc, etc

It sounds like the only reason people are seemingly being prioritised is because when they ordered, they took over a stock order so they got based on the original order date.

Why would they prioritise an individual who likely has no loyalty (I'd argue that the majority of people don't have same brand of car every time they purchase but even if they did, it's one purchase every 3-5 years) over a lease company who will buy many cars a year without the dealership having to do any work outside of draw up the deal with the lease company.

In terms of making business sense it would make more to prioritise the lease companies. The only reason I can think of for it to make sense to prioritise the individual is if you were worried they would go to social media and complain about your brand. That doesn't make sense however as every car brand is in that situation so it's easily fobbed off by their respective social media departments. Global shortage, recovering from covid, war on Ukraine, etc, etc

It sounds like the only reason people are seemingly being prioritised is because when they ordered, they took over a stock order so they got based on the original order date.
Exactly my views too.
I guess it's just cause people are frustrated and like hunger games on a me Vs lease company thinking trail.

F-is-for-friend-meme.jpg

I think that is a more genuine and realistic time frame, to be honest.
Instead of giving false information about lead times, which creates frustration and anger when their cars do not arrive on time.
We are in strange and dangerous times right now.
If you had told a customer that he would have to wait 12 months for a new car, two years ago, they would have walked straight out of the showroom.
Some cars have almost two year lead times !.
Who the hell order’s a new car, two years before they need it ?.
The situation is almost the “Perfect Storm”.
Its seems the same as back in Soviet times, where you had to fulfil certain conditions to please the party, to then be allowed onto a waiting list, to be able to buy one of the two models of car available to the public. This process took several years, a bit like ordering a modern EV today.

Question do Dealerships (Large/Small) receive different priority from MG UK.
I don’t know, logically I would guess so- doesn’t make sense <diddy town> having loads in stock or psuedo priority over (say) a London branch with a significantly larger pool of potential customers

Its seems the same as back in Soviet times, where you had to fulfil certain conditions to please the party, to then be allowed onto a waiting list, to be able to buy one of the two models of car available to the public. This process took several years, a bit like ordering a modern EV today.
Emphasis on today.

In a year or so when things have (hopefully!) calmed down it won’t be such an issue

I see how this makes sense, but i sure hope priority is not given based on how much business they expect from you or how much you paid for the car (some paid more than others, affinity discounts, gov grants, etc) but more so based on when your order was made! And i sure hope there is no bribery involved as someone had mentioned earlier!
Because leasing agencies may give MG/dealerships more business but it’s the day to day client who puts the order into a leasing company or otherwise and with a completely ruined image of customer service and integrity as a brand, I dont see anyone putting any orders in with them in the future if that’s how they conduct their business!
I hope they manage to be fair, all car brands have delays and we know to be patient but i will not be patient if I keep being pushed to the back for better and bigger deals! That’s insane and i hope not true.

Anyone know if Grand Victory actually had any MGs on there?

Just had a call off my dealer and informed me that my car was on the ship and due to arrive May 18th. Thus I would probably get it 1 to 2 weeks later.:D
so what did u order and when, and do you know the name of the ship!

I would be very surprised to see my Trophy Connect LR before Dec 2022......ordered Dec 2021. SAIC just don't seem to be pushing the Connect model while they can keep making more of the other models that need less components. So the rest of us can wait. It's been a total farce.

Same here, Trophy Connect LR, Blue, ordered Dec 21, not expecting anytime soon, their too busy making all the SE & Trophy orders, only once they’ve all been fore filled will that start on the Connects, it’s like was said by miles in the podcast “why make one Connect when you can make 2 SE’s with the same amount of chips”, given up ringing for an update.

Last edited:
I would be very surprised to see my Trophy Connect LR before Dec 2022......ordered Dec 2021. SAIC just don't seem to be pushing the Connect model while they can keep making more of the other models that need less components. So the rest of us can wait. It's been a total farce.
Agreed. Apart from the demos I don’t think they’ve made a single LR Connect since.

Umm, seems that the LR could be a problem, well is the problem, as people that have ordered SR seem to be getting them, if in drips and drabs…maybe once they have a enough whatever they will ship loads of LR…who knows…we can only hope..

Umm, seems that the LR could be a problem, well is the problem, as people that have ordered SR seem to be getting them, if in drips and drabs…maybe once they have a enough whatever they will ship loads of LR…who knows…we can only hope..
Think you're spot on there, I'm sure I read somewhere earlier in the forum someone saying they could make 2 SR Trophy for the number of chips used as opposed to 1 LR Trophy which unfortunately for LR orders makes financial sense for MG...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom