MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Strange my daughter's boyfriend went past there storage car park down rabans Lane he said there was 3 transporters unloading
Could be... Jacob had said he's been in and out of the showroom this morning, maybe he's not been down Rabans Lane...
He also said the MG Manager with all the access to the order systems is off today.
Let's see what tomorrow brings?

Could be... Jacob had said he's been in and out of the showroom this morning, maybe he's not been down Rabans Lane...
He also said the MG Manager with all the access to the systems is off today.
I would pop over there but bloody road works and I am in the pool enjoying the sun☀️ before work tonight

I have ordered a LR from Tusker on the 23rd March, they have also placed the order with Luscombe Leeds and I currently have a late September delivery date, although it did originally start with a mid-June date.
I finally got a response and they said not even built yet but said the dealer is Luscombe, when pressed their whole response looks like a copy and paste so I don’t know a lot more. Interesting when a human replied they said it could be earlier 😂 I doubt that very much

I would pop over there but bloody road works and I am in the pool enjoying the sun☀️ before work tonight
Yep we are all in the pool too
553855B1-9782-404D-8F80-CD471EB4B925.jpeg

Similar situation, ordered Jan through Tusker.

Current lease car has to go back in two weeks so I have that time to buy a cheap second hand car that I will then have to resell.

I'm resigned to it now. I ordered well in time with room to spare on my order but it wasn't enough.

It's only a car ultimately.

Lessons learned, just won't buy from MG again.
Can't you get an extension to your lease? They generally give you three months as a a bit of leeway (I did this with my Ford by simply not speaking to them for two months after my return date) they sent me a letter saying it had to be returned by x date which was three months to the day, mileage was pro-rata'ed and payments were the same. VW have proactively written to us and said we get the three months anyway or we can contact them for a 12 month extension. When I phoned they said it was only 6 months, but that should have been enough. Again mileage pro-rata'ed and monthly payments as original agreement.

Guys, funny enough I just got a call back from MG Darlington asking if I want to go ahead with placing an order.
I told them that I have been made aware their dealership have been cancelling orders of customers from last year.
The salesman denies this and say he will have to have a look and call me back.
Hmmm

Guys, funny enough I just got a call back from MG Darlington asking if I want to go ahead with placing an order.
I told them that I have been made aware their dealership have been cancelling orders of customers from last year.
Hmmm
How can he place an order - I thought the order book was closed to allow MG to supply the backlog of orders? Is there anything truthful that comes out of that dealership?

How can he place an order - I thought the order book was closed to allow MG to supply the backlog of orders? Is there anything truthful that comes out of that dealership?
Probably because they got cancelled cars they can sell 😠

Probably because they got cancelled cars they can sell 😠
I just don’t understand how they’re going to swing re-allocating all of December’s orders with the MG fine. Unless they’re hoping they can cover it by selling the cars at a ridiculous figure on the proviso they have stock. I hope some of their customers do pursue it further.

Hmmm
I was quoted £29000 for an Se LR model

Can't you get an extension to your lease? They generally give you three months as a a bit of leeway (I did this with my Ford by simply not speaking to them for two months after my return date) they sent me a letter saying it had to be returned by x date which was three months to the day, mileage was pro-rata'ed and payments were the same. VW have proactively written to us and said we get the three months anyway or we can contact them for a 12 month extension. When I phoned they said it was only 6 months, but that should have been enough. Again mileage pro-rata'ed and monthly payments as original agreement.
Nope, I asked that last month. Not allowed in the terms of this lease.

Picking up my Red ZS Trophy SR from Luscombe's next Thurs 23rd. Ordered 25 March. By coincidence before Fazz phoned earlier this morning I had got the wallpoint fitted
Mine is a Trophy SR from Luscombe ordered in January. Still have the 'no idea estimate'.

I guess they are making more Red ones than Silver 🤷‍♂️

Just build them to order like everyone else MG!

It was £31K for that model last year less £2.5K grant = £28.5K. Is £31.5K now and no grant. How are they managing to get to £29K?
If it's old ordered stock then probably probably pay the original price for it so they still up on the deal?

If it's old ordered stock then probably probably pay the original price for it so they still up on the deal?
Old price was £31K in white. No grant can be applied to it now. I didn’t think that there was £2,000 margin to play around with in these cars?

Oh boy, getting a bit nervous after reading this thread and the article about orders being suspended ...

Had my order confirmed for an MG ZS Trophy LR through a leasing company on Wednesday afternoon... hoping its managed to get squeezed in and I won't hear its been cancelled next week etc.. I don't mind a 6 month wait, but its the ideal car I need for a job I start in July, will be using our ZE50 until / if it arrives

Last edited:
I did that with my Nissan Leaf and they upped my payments from £230 to £350 per month... I went with it for 2 months but then decided I couldn't justify the extra cost for a 2.5 years old car with not enough range. So we're a 1 car family for now and I'm cycling to work. Will look at on.to when cycling gets boring!

@kewbob @Gazza @sha66ir
I've let MG UK know about the issues which have been discussed - regarding the Darlington cancellations, and the Cars2 grant mismanagement. They are investigating.

To clarify:
  • MG UK has not cancelled any sold customer orders.
  • Grants should be applied for at the time the order is taken, and both OZEV and MG UK had given guidance to dealerships back in December about how to ensure that any oustanding orders which hadn't yet had a grant application made would be able to be claimed for retrospectively (by a deadline in December).

Hi , im new here . we've ordered an MG ZS EV in August does anyone know any news of cars getting shipped in , The Garage keeps saying no word ? feel like we are getting mucked about . Said it would be middle September now saying possibly end of September . Thank you
The waiting time is anything between 6-12 months. However, if there is a cancelled order there may be a possibility to get your hands on one sooner depending on the waiting list.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom