MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Check the Enyaq forum, about two thirds of them are still waiting, similar to us.

1657018537620.png

Their whining thread is only 150-page long so we still have the lead here. Good job everyone!
But their pages are only 10 posts, ours have 20. In fact, we have about 5043 posts now, so we're 3.27x times as whinging as they are! 😭

Perhaps we have more cars waiting though, since we have the superior product. 😏

[ Edited: Oops, completely misread the statistics, rendering my last edit completely invalid. Sigh. ]

Last edited:
View attachment 9559

But their pages are only 10 posts, ours have 20. In fact, we have about 5043 posts now, so we're 3.27x times as whinging as they are! 😭

Perhaps we have more cars waiting though, since we have the superior product. 😏
I just wish MG had been more honest when I ordered about timescale. Had I known a 9-12m timeline (instead of a 3-4m as quoted) I would have planned accordingly. In that regard, VW were more honest.

I just wish MG had been more honest when I ordered about timescale. Had I known a 9-12m timeline (instead of a 3-4m as quoted) I would have planned accordingly. In that regard, VW were more honest.
This is exactly why they estimated less. I had a choice a the time of this or an in stock Kona Premium. I went with this because of the sunroof and 360 degree camera. Had I known about the wait - I would have gone with the Kona and sacrificed those two features. It's misleading at that's the problem. They have us on a hook and there's very little we can do about it. All we can do is go with a short term lease like Elmo or Onto or buy a used car to drive temporarily (or stick with what we've got if you still have a car). Shopping elsewhere now would be pointless

This is exactly why they estimated less. I had a choice a the time of this or an in stock Kona Premium. I went with this because of the sunroof and 360 degree camera. Had I known about the wait - I would have gone with the Kona and sacrificed those two features. It's misleading at that's the problem. They have us on a hook and there's very little we can do about it. All we can do is go with a short term lease like Elmo or Onto or buy a used car to drive temporarily (or stick with what we've got if you still have a car). Shopping elsewhere now would be pointless
I am at 6 months wait now. Have been offered a Peugeot 3008 Plug-in Hybrid - delivery December - am considering it.
It is not the ideal car for us but delivery is firm. MG delivery is not known at all. Could be another 6 months or more away ? Alternatively it could be here next week.
I was settled in to the knowledge that upon asking MG UK where my order was that it was still awaiting build. So it is a minimum 2 to 3 months away, maybe more?
Then last week someone with the exact same information from MG UK as myself got a call from the dealer to say his car has just arrived?

Just to have some realistic expectation is not too much to ask is it?

Tusker check-in! Has anyone had a change on the online portal overnight (they usually update on a Sunday evening).

White LR TC ordered end of January. Still saying mid September for now.

Still no change also Late September.

Ordered 3rd Dec 2021 LR Black Trophy

The thing is, they are or were, as that’s what they were told by MG, a 3 to 4 months wait time, now it seems a bit longer, 6 - 9 months..

Been an active reader of this thread for a couple of months now. Thought I'd join the fun in writing a message.

Ordered mine from Vanarama back in December like a lot of users on here. September estimate for me too but there is absolutely no chance of that is there. I am quite happy to wait though as it was a decent lease price so I am just hoping they dont cancel the order.

Never thought of that - current turn around for DVLA to send out Log Book is claimed 4 to 6 weeks. My lads new motorbike log book took 3 weeks in February.
Mine [ my V5 ] came in two working days. Car collected and registered Thursday afternoon, got the V5c in yesterday's post.

[ Edited Coulomb: Don't want to tick off the long suffering buyers thinking you got the car in 2 days. ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Been an active reader of this thread for a couple of months now. Thought I'd join the fun in writing a message.

Ordered mine from Vanarama back in December like a lot of users on here. September estimate for me too but there is absolutely no chance of that is there. I am quite happy to wait though as it was a decent lease price so I am just hoping they dont cancel the order.
I'm in the same boat,Good deal so will just hang on,The problem they will have with canceling is all the free chargers that have been installed under the deal.
I would assume they are bound by the same contract I had to sign,If they cancel they can come and get there charging point and give me back the £160 it cost me to have an isolation switch installed.
Them canceling may not be worth the agro it could cause in the long run.

Congratulations! That's an excellent news!

TBF I'm impressed you've received an update from the dealer! Just noticed another post within the Delivery Tracker thread where MG actually allocated a car to order and advised when they can expect it. Hopefully, they changed the system/process, and we will soon see more updates on the status, rather than TBA and cars suddenly appearing.

I'm in the same boat,Good deal so will just hang on,The problem they will have with canceling is all the free chargers that have been installed under the deal.
I would assume they are bound by the same contract I had to sign,If they cancel they can come and get there charging point and give me back the £160 it cost me to have an isolation switch installed.
Them canceling may not be worth the agro it could cause in the long run.
You had to pay to have the isolation switch fitted? I just rang up EDF and they came out and fitted it for free..

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom