MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

It’s not just Mg…. Most other makes are having the exact same problems
That's not true. Manufacturers are having difficulty meeting demand NOW but I don't know anyone outside this group who ordered a car in November who is still waiting on a car let alone a firm date.

As I've mentioned before, my company introduced a salary sacrifice scheme last October. Now the company car park is full of EVs - Kias, VWs, Hyundis, Nissan Leafs, Teslas etc. The biggest complaint amongst employees now is the shortage EV charging points.

MG seem to have been dropped from the company scheme (possibly because they are the ONLY manufacturer to have stopped taking orders).

I emailed Vanarama asking for an update. They called me this morning saying they don't have any revised dates as of yet (Sept being the last date they were given). She said senior management are chasing it up, but none of their 400 orders have been built yet as far as they know so September is extremely unlikely.

That's not true. Manufacturers are having difficulty meeting demand NOW but I don't know anyone outside this group who ordered a car in November who is still waiting on a car let alone a firm date.

As I've mentioned before, my company introduced a salary sacrifice scheme last October. Now the company car park is full of EVs - Kias, VWs, Hyundis, Nissan Leafs, Teslas etc. The biggest complaint amongst employees now is the shortage EV charging points.

MG seem to have been dropped from the company scheme (possibly because they are the ONLY manufacturer to have stopped taking orders).
I waited 7 months for Ioniq between late 2019 and mid 2020 during the COVID period. The initial estimated wait was around 5 months and then got pushed back a couple on one occasion. It was all very clear with Hyundai on the wait times and with it being built to order there was no crazy goings on with the dealers.

That's always been my issue here, not the wait time per se, it's the way they are handling it with the order allocation on top of the constantly moving estimates and the final 'TBA' message.

I know many. In particular my colleague who ordered an Audi eTron in Sep-21 where the date has moved around and worst was Apr-23, latest is Feb-23.

Shipping / parts issues aren’t exclusive to MG. What MG are particularly bad at is providing unrealistic ETAs at the time of order (when I test drove the MG I had just walked out of VW who quoted a 10m lead time for the ID3) and abysmal comms on delivery. How an organisation of this size has no proper tracking is beyond me. I can get the lack of forecast, but MG UK should have a feed of what’s on a ship en route and which dealers it’s being assigned to.

Um! Everyone who ordered from Vanarama ( my oder was in November) has not received their cars.

Agree! Surely there must be a system in place that allocates the vehicle to order.
Interesting that all Tusker orders (be it January or March) are still showing delivery in September, yet Brindley Wolves changed my order from April to April 23.
It would be interesting to see if anybody else placed an order in April and what their ETA is.

On the other hand, I've checked if Tusker is now accepting new orders for ZS EV, and I've nearly fell off my chair!

The booking system is now open, with a lead time of 52 weeks, but the biggest joke is now the cost of this car. MG ZS EV Trophy Connect 51.1 kWh (the exact model I've ordered) went up to a monthly net of £585! That's after your salary sacrifice, on a 24-month lease and 12,000 miles per year. In comparison, my order will still have the sunroof, and I'm looking at the net amount of £402 per month.
It would actually be cheaper to get Kia Sportage GT-Line with a 24-week lead at the cost of £482 per month. I don't understand how Tusker can justify that price hike!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220704-082412.png
    Screenshot_20220704-082412.png
    569.1 KB · Views: 132
  • Screenshot_20220704-114210.png
    Screenshot_20220704-114210.png
    604.8 KB · Views: 114
Had a call from Perrys after I complained on their live chat at the weekend. They apologised profusely and said that cars are just turning up out of the blue, with no word from MG. I asked if Oct is the latest it will be and she said no, it could stretch further but hopefully it will be before that. In other words, no idea. She did say MG are the worst manufacturer for updates, and they are just as much in the dark as we are. Ordered through Tusker in Jan, LRT black.

Just off the phone with the dealer (Stirling). ZS Trophy Connect, ordered 2nd week in December, now showing 'to be announced'.

Was Feb, or March, then May, then August, now showing September at the earliest. I no longer believe a word I'm being told 🙄

Then how can Emerald Leader have new MG’s on board - it left Portbury on 29th May and visited various ports in Spain, then Italy, Greece, Turkey, Germany and finally Belgium before heading back to Portbury.
Grumpy has been informed his car is on it by someone?
Just received the V5 from DVLA. Car arrived in Bristol as they said it would. It would appear that cars are shipped indirectly through Europe as well as direct to Bristol.
It's due at my dealership sometime later this week.

I've been lurking for a few months and here's my two pence...
We've been told that MG batch builds for a while now. This quite logically means that cars aren't allocated until they arrive on the docks and then only to the dealers (whether that's allocated by order quantity or specific number of vehicles of each model, who knows?). Dealers may allocate them to buyers or it's even possible MG UK could do so - further exacerbating the communication problem. This of course means that nobody knows which car will be allocated to any of us, until it is. Tough pill to swallow I know but there it is.

Agree! Surely there must be a system in place that allocates the vehicle to order.
Interesting that all Tusker orders (be it January or March) are still showing delivery in September, yet Brindley Wolves changed my order from April to April 23.
It would be interesting to see if anybody else placed an order in April and what their ETA is.

On the other hand, I've checked if Tusker is now accepting new orders for ZS EV, and I've nearly fell off my chair!

The booking system is now open, with a lead time of 52 weeks, but the biggest joke is now the cost of this car. MG ZS EV Trophy Connect 51.1 kWh (the exact model I've ordered) went up to a monthly net of £585! That's after your salary sacrifice, on a 24-month lease and 12,000 miles per year. In comparison, my order will still have the sunroof, and I'm looking at the net amount of £402 per month.
It would actually be cheaper to get Kia Sportage GT-Line with a 24-week lead at the cost of £482 per month. I don't understand how Tusker can justify that price hike!
I saw this, I couldn't believe how much the price has risen, I've got a SR Trophy on order 7.5K miles over 36 months - £311 pm. The Trophy connect was about £330. Thats now £492! Crazy....

Tusker check-in! Has anyone had a change on the online portal overnight (they usually update on a Sunday evening).

White LR TC ordered end of January. Still saying mid September for now.
Same although I ordered in May. SR Trophy in Silver, says Sept 2022. I'll believe that when I see it

I saw this, I couldn't believe how much the price has risen, I've got a SR Trophy on order 7.5K miles over 36 months - £311 pm. The Trophy connect was about £330. Thats now £492! Crazy....
I wonder if when the order book opens the price will drop to something closer to what we had before.

I don't think it's MG hiking the price, but rather Tusker being cheeky. No doubt that MG at the old cost had a great response from Tusker customers, and being popular they're now increasing the costs. At the end of the day the cost of ZS EV didn't suddenly jump by 10k.

I ordered mine in first week in January. But still no new about it. Worse communication I have seen with MG. Still showing in there system TBA. Is anyone had received ZS LR TC ordered in January?

I ordered mine in first week in January. But still no new about it. Worse communication I have seen with MG. Still showing in there system TBA. Is anyone had received ZS LR TC ordered in January?
Still waiting for a Blue LR TC from 10 Nov 21. There have been a few coming in.

Just received the V5 from DVLA. Car arrived in Bristol as they said it would. It would appear that cars are shipped indirectly through Europe as well as direct to Bristol.
That’s great news that your car has arrived. Apparently there are ships arriving at Tilbury docks as well with MG’s according to one of the members. Do you know which port it is at?

Hi Grumpy, how do you get a V5 from the DVLA, have you already paid for the car, or just a deposit. I was under the impression that a V5 was proof of ownership, and if you have only paid a deposit what would stop some unscrupulous person from stating the dealership was withholding there car? I’m confused, and curious.
cheers mate, I’m interested to see your reply.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom