MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Had a bit of a non-update from Vanarama today. Still not seen any deliveries from they order and build dates all showing TBA. Still trying to push MG to give an accurate update.

From what we’ve seen, cars seem to randomly appear and based on the spreadsheet on this forum, about 30-40% of 2021 orders have been fulfilled so whilst it seems strange they’ve had none, hopefully it’s a matter of time before at least some of their orders are fulfilled.

I saw someone on here reference delivery of LR SE, and as they seen to be less common than Trophy models, hoping a decent shipment will see a chunk taken out of this order book.

Had a bit of a non-update from Vanarama today. Still not seen any deliveries from they order and build dates all showing TBA. Still trying to push MG to give an accurate update.

From what we’ve seen, cars seem to randomly appear and based on the spreadsheet on this forum, about 30-40% of 2021 orders have been fulfilled so whilst it seems strange they’ve had none, hopefully it’s a matter of time before at least some of their orders are fulfilled.

I saw someone on here reference delivery of LR SE, and as they seen to be less common than Trophy models, hoping a decent shipment will see a chunk taken out of this order book.
Been waiting from mid november. They keep repeating the same message. Have not heard a single one for vanarama yet but keeping fingers crossed

Got email yesterday from dealer my white LR trophy has now slipped from june to Aug now to october (ordered Feb) they did say "Please don't be alarmed as this may come back"

Tusker check-in! Has anyone had a change on the online portal overnight (they usually update on a Sunday evening).

White LR TC ordered end of January. Still saying mid September for now.

Any news on the people who ordered cars via MG Darlington , did they manage to sort out who was responsible for cancelling there orders?
I really hope it’s been sorted out for them.

Tusker check-in! Has anyone had a change on the online portal overnight (they usually update on a Sunday evening).

Tusker changed my date to mid-April 2023 last week. Apparently, MG is giving 52 weeks lead from the order date, but that's not to say the car just won't "appear".
No updates today. 🤷🏻‍♂️

If as stated MG will be re-opening the order books soon, surely they will have to clear the backlog of cars first. It must be costing them thousands with inflation here going up all the time. Let's hope they get there 2 transporter ships loaded with all the owed cars and make a mass delivery in September.

Nope still Late September, status updated 3rd July.

Ordered January

I would be very interested if anyone who has received their car was actually provided with a build date (and then subsequently their car was delivered 1-3 months later).
Posts in this thread suggest that cars just appear out of the blue and therefore build date info is completely pointless.

Still saying late September for me also. Blue LR SE ordered. Is your supplying dealer Luscombe?

I would be very interested if anyone who has received their car was actually provided with a build date (and then subsequently their car was delivered 1-3 months later).
Posts in this thread suggest that cars just appear out of the blue and therefore build date info is completely pointless.
Spoke to dealer who said they can see nothing on the EV’s all other cars they can be fairly accurate but these are just a best guess with no logical reasoning. I ordered March and dealer said he expects it to be this year.

Ordered May 2022, Tusker still saying Late September. (Also Luscombe.)

Last edited:
Reply from MG

Dear Mr

Thank you for getting in touch with MG motor!

Upon checking with the relevant team, we can see this order is currently on shortage awaiting factory build, until production has been confirmed we cannot confirm an exact arrival date.

We understand your frustration and we would like to let you know that there has been a high demand on the model and the delivery lead time set initially for all vehicle orders was around 4 months, however, this would be subject to change, due to a number of factors considered, ie. logistic challenge, global chip issue, current order queue, etc.

Although all is facing the same challenge in this industry, some manufacturers may even have much longer waiting time. As a brand, MG endeavours to deliver all customer orders as early as possible and we are doing the best we can. A number of actions have been taken to enable us to prioritise the customer orders, such as petrol car sold orders only, dealer stock order restrictions, etc.

The delivery ETA is subject to change, which could be even sooner once the production has commenced. MG fulfils the customer order according to the order date, as your order was placed in December, we believe it is not long for your order to be fulfilled. We would advise you to continue to liaise with your purchasing dealer for any upcoming delivery updates.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused and your patience is much appreciated.

Kind regards,
MG Motor UK

Direct Line: +44 (0)20 3917 5821

E-mail: [email protected]
I received the same email at the beginning of June and collected my car on the 22nd of June. So take it with a pinch of salt. My car was the LR ordered in Nov 21.

I received the same email at the beginning of June and collected my car on the 22nd of June. So take it with a pinch of salt. My car was the LR ordered in Nov 21.
Odd. So at the time of receiving that email your car had been built and was on a ship and very nearly at a UK dock
Just proves that the dealerships/MG UK know nothing about ETAs

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom