MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Hey guys,

An update, ordered my car mid Feb. Called the dealer about a month ago for an update and got told September (as I think everyone). A few days back got a call from my dealer saying the car is in the country and will be ready in a few days. Picked up yesterday. He said the car was showing TBA and then just showed up assigned to me. They got 9 of them all allocated, though they still have orders unfulfilled from last year. As to how do they allocate the car he had no clue, but we'll, not complaining. Ordered from Glyn Hopkin MK. LR Trophy.
This is what I hope happens to me...that it just turns up before I expect it. Knowing my luck it'll be 2023 - especially as Connect versions seem to only be coming in trickles.

Enjoy it though, car looks great!

When did you place your order?

I'm in a similar position, but they advised my estimated delivery time will be mid/end of April 23!

If you log into Tusker, there is a page for "arriving soon" cars, but apart from Teslas Y, Genesis and Audi etrons, they don't seem to have anything else. I've looked at the Kia Sportage, but that's coming up £200 extra a month on a three-year term with a 7,500 miles allowance - compared to MG on 12,500 miles and a two-year lease. Not to mention the lead time for Kia is now around 24 weeks.

Would be interesting to know if Tusker offers you anything outside of that published list.
Order placed on 4th Feb. There’s nothing available that isn’t on the website unfortunately and due to the loss of the government grant, the quote I got is the best deal I can get. Just advised to keep checking the cars in stock if I need something sooner, but the most likely option is I’m waiting until next year now…

This is what I hope happens to me...that it just turns up before I expect it. Knowing my luck it'll be 2023 - especially as Connect versions seem to only be coming in trickles.

Enjoy it though, car looks great!
Well PJ60 just got his Red Connect, LR so things are looking more optimistic. He ordered exact same car 3 days before me. (6th Dec vs 9th).

This morning did a rain dance in underwear in back garden hey ho its pouring down. Drove to same dealer as DrJohnny and said 'Iizzy Wizzy lets get Busy' before entering and status changed from TBA to car is built expected at dealers 17th September.
Maybe DrJohnny needs a refresher with magic circle
LR trophy connect

[ Edited Coulomb: swearing not allowed, including sw**ring. ]
And no prob. with the £2,500 grant? I ask because I see you ordered the exact same car 3 days before me. You beat the grant ending by 9 days, I did by 6!

I wish Dr Johnny would do a rain dance on mine.......LRTC ordered 3 Dec 21.....still waiting......and now dealers are getting stock cars........I'll be glad when this fiasco is over.

Hey guys,

An update, ordered my car mid Feb. Called the dealer about a month ago for an update and got told September (as I think everyone). A few days back got a call from my dealer saying the car is in the country and will be ready in a few days. Picked up yesterday. He said the car was showing TBA and then just showed up assigned to me. They got 9 of them all allocated, though they still have orders unfulfilled from last year. As to how do they allocate the car he had no clue, but we'll, not complaining. Ordered from Glyn Hopkin MK. LR Trophy.
Great news and nothing against you for getting your car but this is exactly what annoys waiting customers of MG. Orders from the beginning of this year being delivered while customers who ordered exact same spec cars in November / December still waiting for their cars to be delivered. That’s my little grumble over, enjoy your car and happy motoring 👍🏻

Great news and nothing against you for getting your car but this is exactly what annoys waiting customers of MG. Orders from the beginning of this year being delivered while customers who ordered exact same spec cars in November / December still waiting for their cars to be delivered. That’s my little grumble over, enjoy your car and happy motoring 👍🏻
Agree.

Hmm I think MG are not helping them self's in the UK we have people wanting from Dec still yet March orders are getting delivered and dealers have in some cases 17 car spare to sell to the public its definitely down to MG's miss management
As for semiconductor shortage I don't think this is because of covid it was well documented it was down to a factory fire

The Ukraine supply wiring looms to some manufacturers unlikely to one's in China
I think Russia supply a lot of the raw materials for batteries but China are still trading with them
And definitely covid has also got a lot to blame but its funny MG can supply cars to countries that put a financial penalty on late deliverys

I must admit it is hard to see why mg are supplying garages like Chorley Group and Luscombes with 'STOCK' vehicles when there is a waiting list of god knows how many people (some not so) patiently waiting for there car to arrive, in some cases like myself 7 or 8 months. This must surely be down to MG UK having one hell of a problem in their logistics team.

Just checked Luscombe website direct and no new ZS EV in stock only available to order with 3 months estimate. Unless you want a used one.
Ok why advertise on autotrader that they have them “Brand New” “In Stock” false advertising if that’s the case.

Attachments

• C475DC28-0E5D-4DF8-8C21-DC8A5433D02A.png
    C475DC28-0E5D-4DF8-8C21-DC8A5433D02A.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
Well went golfing today and it peed down, don’t know about a rain dance…the other thing is, that’s starting to bother me just a little, is my Mercedes that I’m part chopping with MG is starting to play up, won’t start, seems like an electric issue? Will start at the minute after a few goes and I’m going to Spain mid July and booked parking with my private reg on a car, which I removed thinking I’d have the ZS by now (this boys a fool) so I hope the Merc doesn’t get any worse starting and I’ll have to put the private plate on the front once I get to the airport car park…all good fun isn’t it..

I must admit it is hard to see why mg are supplying garages like Chorley Group and Luscombes with 'STOCK' vehicles when there is a waiting list of god knows how many people (some not so) patiently waiting for there car to arrive, in some cases like myself 7 or 8 months. This must surely be down to MG UK having one hell of a problem in their logistics team.
My guess is that the contracts between the dealer and MG have minimum quantities and bonus’s for meeting different targets.
It works both ways - when the car market is slow the dealer still has to accept the minimum quantities. Now that restricted cars are coming through MG have a choice - supply according to the queue or supply to the dealers who are going to claim penalties for non supply.
It seems MG are trying to do both to me?

This week has been a whirlwind- dealers claiming it takes 9 weeks for the ships to get to UK. TBA suddenly arrives in the country. TBA turning to manufactured. 50 cars being delivered to one dealer who was allocating to different orders and then the same dealer selling a second hand car with 6000 miles for £37K. Unless we saw it we wouldn’t believe it.
I am not keen on salespersons who make up stories - no point because in the end they just look unprofessional and give their dealership a bad name.

I am lucky - I have a nice car that is running ok and am not doing high mileage so can afford to sit and wait. However, It is a slap in the face every time I go out and walk past the wall charger with no car for it to plug into.

Was looking today at alternatives - am in no hurry though. There are not many cars that are suitable and second hand prices are surprisingly high. If no news soon I will be cancelling.

Ok why advertise on autotrader that they have them “Brand New” “In Stock” false advertising if that’s the case.
Oh we just sold that yesterday to Mrs Pigscanfly. We have more coming in very soon - give us a deposit and we can lie to you over the next 8 months when it doesn’t arrive next week.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom