MG ZS EV Shipping Updates

Just collected my ZS Trophy LR silver from JCT600 Bradford. I was told they had over 50 delivered and after matching all the cars to customer orders they have 17 left of various colours and spec.
They're also a nice garage to deal with.
We ordered a blue ZS trophy LR in March from JCT600 Bradford. Wonder if we will here soon. When did you order?

We ordered a blue ZS trophy LR in March from JCT600 Bradford. Wonder if we will here soon. When did you order?
He ordered 10th March - get down to the dealer quick - they had a few spare. He was being offered alternative colours before they delivered - surprised they didn’t call you when they found out they were getting a few cars. You may be able to secure one of the stock ones? Don’t be tempted by the second hand one though - £37K

Well went golfing today and it peed down, don’t know about a rain dance…the other thing is, that’s starting to bother me just a little, is my Mercedes that I’m part chopping with MG is starting to play up, won’t start, seems like an electric issue? Will start at the minute after a few goes and I’m going to Spain mid July and booked parking with my private reg on a car, which I removed thinking I’d have the ZS by now (this boys a fool) so I hope the Merc doesn’t get any worse starting and I’ll have to put the private plate on the front once I get to the airport car park…all good fun isn’t it..
Don’t know if you are aware you can now take off old car and put on new car private Reg all in same day now online , the dealer / supplier of new car could have done this for you. Also when selling a car now you can do it all online same day providing you have the new owners name & address. Saves sending off log book waiting weeks for it to return. You get conformation as soon as hit complete button, so much easier.
You can still give new owner small slip off logbook to be able to get road tax.

Ordered March 11th. I had also called in to the show room to (loudly) "check if I still wanted it" and I told them I would take any colour that arrived. I ended up with the colour that I ordered but if you're not precious about the colour it could be worth a try.

Had a look at Portbury forward movements for July where the Ships have visited Shanghai in the last 3 months. Azul Ace and Freedom Ace are in my view low chance of have MG’s on board as they both have spent time in Japan since visiting Shanghai.
9F03C12A-1917-4296-BFEE-74A427272F7B.jpeg

Although Freedom Ace does marry up with taking 9 weeks to get from Shanghai to UK?

I had a phone call over a week ago from Vanarama. They said they were expecting an update within 5 days as to the status of my, (and the other 400!), order.
I’ve heard nothing from them since so I’m assuming there was no update. I have just emailed them as follows:
Further to our recent communication regard the delay in sourcing my order for an MG EV I was contacted by telephone over a week ago by someone from Vanarama, (I believe his name was Rob), who informed me that an update was expected from MG as to the status of, not only my order but I believe some 400 others, within 5 days. Those 5 days have long passed but I have heard no more.
As previously pointed out, the MG EV Facebook page has almost daily posts from people who ordered in the last few months and are already taking delivery of their vehicles whereas it would appear that no Vanarama orders are being fulfilled even though they were ordered as long ago as November and December.
Given that Vanarama are unable to provide the vehicle ordered and cannot give a date for delivery, I am considering taking advice as to my rights as a consumer having been advised by Vanarama that if I cancel my order I will be liable to pay for the installation of the charge point which had been included in the package.
I would remind you that in February I was told that my vehicle would arrive at the dealership on April 7th and that I would be able to collect it a few days after. As a result I agreed for the charge point to be installed on March 4th in readiness having spent over £300 having an isolation switch fitted to my meter cupboard to satisfy the requirements of your installing company, Charge Point EV even though my Network Provider had said it wasn’t necessary.
Approximately 10 days after the charge point was installed I received a call from Vanarama informing me that the vehicle would not now arrive on the 7th April. No reason was given.
We are now nearly 8 months after ordering and nearly 3 since the delivery was cancelled and still have no information as to when the vehicle might arrive.
I should be grateful if you could provide some up to date information as to the status of my order.
Did you get a reply from Vanarana, in particular with respect to whether you'd have to pay for the charger if you cancelled due to the huge delivery delays?

Had a look at Portbury forward movements for July where the Ships have visited Shanghai in the last 3 months. Azul Ace and Freedom Ace are in my view low chance of have MG’s on board as they both have spent time in Japan since visiting Shanghai.
View attachment 9505
Although Freedom Ace does marry up with taking 9 weeks to get from Shanghai to UK?
Let's hope our cars are on board one of those on your list🙏. I know mine is 'at sea' how about yours?

Mine is TBA still - hopefully yours should arrive this month. At sea can only last for 1 month in theory 🤞
A month at sea and then can sit any time at the dock awaiting transport. Could be another couple of weeks after that! Or yours could be at the dock and may only be a couple of weeks from now! So, in reality, anything from 2 days to 2 years (then PDI) 😂

A month at sea and then can sit any time at the dock awaiting transport. Could be another couple of weeks after that! Or yours could be at the dock and may only be a couple of weeks from now! So, in reality, anything from 2 days to 2 years (then PDI) 😂
😂 Reckon Ukchris will be down at Portbury dock as it is unloaded and getting them to load straight onto a transporter. 😂

Been a geek this morning. Update for last week on this thread - 8 cars delivered all LR. 4 updates getting closer to delivery. Some dates are estimated - posts said mid Feb for Example so put 14th Feb.
View attachment 9509
Not sure exactly what this data is, but there is a separate thread for tracking order/deliveries...

Not sure exactly what this data is, but there is a separate thread for tracking order/deliveries...
Simple, I went on the Bristol Port forward movements to see which ships are planned to dock. Then I used a web grab to load all the ships on the list to see which ports they have visited. If the ship has visited Shanghai then I included on the list. So for all the people that have ‘shipping updates’ of “at sea” they can see the possible ships that the car may be on. This thread is shipping updates ? A thread earlier was asking for this information.

Then I looked at all the threads on the this site over the last week to see updates to determine the time it is taking to get shipment - last column shows longest is 10 months.

Simple, I went on the Bristol Port forward movements to see which ships are planned to dock. Then I used a web grab to load all the ships on the list to see which ports they have visited. If the ship has visited Shanghai then I included on the list. So for all the people that have ‘shipping updates’ of “at sea” they can see the possible ships that the car may be on. This thread is shipping updates ? A thread earlier was asking for this information.

Then I looked at all the threads on the this site over the last week to see updates to determine the time it is taking to get shipment - last column shows longest is 10 months.
There's really no way to know what ship a order is on.

The ship chasing always puzzles me...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom