Shortcut button disabled

Anon70

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
I haven't tried any extensive testing but the other day when driving out of a supermarket car park and the 360 cameras were still on, the left star shortcut button, I have set up to change driving mode, did not work until the cameras turned off. Is this a computer overload situation or just to prevent the cameras being turned off?

I expect the programmers assumed you would set the drive mode before you started driving. Depending on your info version, you should be able to cancel the camera when going forward by pressing the home button. (My Trophy is on R33.) Note if you have cameras linked to the indicators then an indicator flashing will keep the camera on when going forward.

Anon70, can you check if the camera inhibited the changing if the drive mode rather than letting you see the display you expected.

My right star button is set for the AC. With no camera display I briefly get the AC display then the 4 small grey squares at the top of the info screen turn black. If the info screen is displaying the camera picture and I press the star button nothing appears to happen, no AC display, no dark squares, yet I can control the AC from the RH centre button on the steering wheel.

If I cancel the camera display the AC squares stay grey until I use one of the centre button, when they turn black.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back