Shortcut button keeps wiping

Sherodub

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
My left hand shortcut button keeps de-selecting "driving mode" setting and I keep having to reset it. Right hand shortcut set to climate control and no issues, has never dropped. Anyone come acorss this?

I saw a YouTube video not so long ago where someone had 1100R33 installed but the dealer forgot to update the steering wheel module. In their case they could not set the left star button as a result.
It might help if you reset the infotainment to factory defaults. That might potentially help by wiping some bits that are interfering, in case the steering wheel module has been updated already.

I have similar with the right hand shortcut button, it always falls back to regen setting, left is fine.
Maybe I'll try the factory reset of the infotainment.

I saw a YouTube video not so long ago where someone had 1100R33 installed but the dealer forgot to update the steering wheel module. In their case they could not set the left star button as a result.
It might help if you reset the infotainment to factory defaults. That might potentially help by wiping some bits that are interfering, in case the steering wheel module has been updated already.
Cheers, I'll give that a try. Where/how do I see what updates I have/have not got?

You can only (easily) see what infotainment version you have. It's in the System settings menu.

1708097642365.png

You can only (easily) see what infotainment version you have. It's in the System settings menu.

View attachment 23994
Good stuff cheers, in the Bahrain office this week will have to wait till I get back to Dublin to check it, Qatar Airwyays wouldn't take the MG4 in the cargo luggage unfortunately.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back