Should I cancel my ZSEV order because of rising energy costs?

Nowt wrong with that in a capitalist society
I agree,
Your government seems more dysfunctional than ours 🤣🤣🤣
Yeah, to be honest most of the time i feel watching or listening to them is a bit like standing in the middle of a kindergarden.

One side wants everyone to fend for themselves, and the other side more or less wants to tax "rich" people and give their money to the poor (A lot of the time poor just means people that do not want to contribute though).

As someone once said..When there is an election they hang billboards with their name and party letter in the lamp posts.

The circus does the same with the billboards in lampposts, so he said he would vote for the circus, because they came, delivered what they promised, at the price they promised, entertained people, and when they were done they went away and let people live their own lives, the way they wanted to :)

At least they have one!!! 😂

But yep, sounds about right!
Ours is really good, they say so themselves.

We have a foreign minister that at the age of 34, got a 15 year old party-intern very drunk and "had sex" with her, a minister for education that 20 years ago let activists into the government building to attack the prime and foreign minister, and afterwards did not want to say she was sorry, and a minister for justice that 15 years ago was a member of DKP-ML (Danish Communist Party - Marxist Leninist fraction).

Our prime minister decided together with her staff, that during the pandemic they wanted to kill all mink, so they proceeded to do so, without having the legal grounds to do so. That did not stop her, she used the police and military to force themselves onto private land, and threaten/pressure/force the farmers to comply. Afterwards she held her own investigation that magically found that she was not to blame, because she claimed she did not know it was illegal, and she has instead had to toss one minister and 10 of her staff under the bus, to remain in power. (The 10 people did not inform her, she claims). (The settlement with these people is going to cost the tax payers 2.2 billion pounds..Population is about 6 million people here.)

So if your government is more defunct than this i feel very sorry.

Oh yeah and our minister for energy just told the press in an interview that he wanted to increase the amount of renewable energy from windmills from (I think) 10 GigaByte to 30 Gigabyte (Yes he is THAT stupid :) )

Anyway, going back to the OP, as has been discussed over the last 100 Plus posts, I guess, like many things, depends on how deep your pockets are, your Environment credentials, your current circumstances and your preferred driving style.

I think at present, the EV is still the choice, but as this thread has shown, unless we all get some help re: energy prices, in the medium term, maybe not the best idea, again depending on your thoughts and circumstances on the afore mentioned…

I for one will stick with EV. I am lucky that I can swallow some increase, the next time they will affect my lifestyle, any after that, well……..who the Hell knows??

Anyway, going back to the OP, as has been discussed over the last 100 Plus posts, I guess, like many things, depends on how deep your pockets are, your Environment credentials, your current circumstances and your preferred driving style.

I think at present, the EV is still the choice, but as this thread has shown, unless we all get some help re: energy prices, in the medium term, maybe not the best idea, again depending on your thoughts and circumstances on the afore mentioned…

I for one will stick with EV. I am lucky that I can swallow some increase, the next time they will affect my lifestyle, any after that, well……..who the Hell knows??
I will also keep my order for the MG ZS EV, atleast 6 months every year, i can mostly charge it, using solar panels, so the price will not be that big of a factor for me.

I'm looking at the big picture, in that we have to stop burning stuff or floods and droughts are going to be the norm, and we won't have a civillisation to produce any type of fuel to buy.

(Sorry, I've put the soap box back in the shed now)

united kingdom uk GIF

1953 me :giggle:
Hmmph - take it from a fortyniner kids, back in my day cool Meant devoid of temperature, minis didn’t exist ( fabric or metal ), we had nine planets to look forward to and smog was available to all !!
No wonder I’m chuffed with my MG 5

My daily routine means my ZS cost me virtually nothing in electric.
I only do 42 miles a week and shop at Tesco's once a week parking up for about 2 hours (breakfast and shopping). This gets me around 44 miles of free electricity.
My only expenditure is the monthly top up to 100% to balance the battery, about half an hour or so, about £1 during the day or 18p at night.

Ours is really good, they say so themselves.

We have a foreign minister that at the age of 34, got a 15 year old party-intern very drunk and "had sex" with her, a minister for education that 20 years ago let activists into the government building to attack the prime and foreign minister, and afterwards did not want to say she was sorry, and a minister for justice that 15 years ago was a member of DKP-ML (Danish Communist Party - Marxist Leninist fraction).

Our prime minister decided together with her staff, that during the pandemic they wanted to kill all mink, so they proceeded to do so, without having the legal grounds to do so. That did not stop her, she used the police and military to force themselves onto private land, and threaten/pressure/force the farmers to comply. Afterwards she held her own investigation that magically found that she was not to blame, because she claimed she did not know it was illegal, and she has instead had to toss one minister and 10 of her staff under the bus, to remain in power. (The 10 people did not inform her, she claims). (The settlement with these people is going to cost the tax payers 2.2 billion pounds..Population is about 6 million people here.)

So if your government is more defunct than this i feel very sorry.

Oh yeah and our minister for energy just told the press in an interview that he wanted to increase the amount of renewable energy from windmills from (I think) 10 GigaByte to 30 Gigabyte (Yes he is THAT stupid :) )
I hear that there's a bloke called Boris over here looking for a job if your interested 🤣🤣🤣

My daily routine means my ZS cost me virtually nothing in electric.
I only do 42 miles a week and shop at Tesco's once a week parking up for about 2 hours (breakfast and shopping). This gets me around 44 miles of free electricity.
My only expenditure is the monthly top up to 100% to balance the battery, about half an hour or so, about £1 during the day or 18p at night.
100% monthly to balance the battery? Would that not shortened the life of the battery?
I was told you only need to balance the battery a couple of times a year!

It costs me 0.14€ per kw/hr to charge mine through the night at home.

My ZS is averaging 13.5 kw/100 kms.

So to charge for 100 kms it costs 13.5 x 0.14 per 100 kms = 1.89€.

Seems cheap enough to me, certainly cheaper than the diesel van I used to have.

Consumption 5.5 ltrs per 100 kms so 5.5 x price per ltr of diesel 1.75 = 9.62€

About 5 times as cheap

Which part would you like me to check?
Don't cancel because I have just charged my zs lr from 24% to 100% and it is now showing 361 miles estimated range (in eco mode) and that cost me just under £20 which is considerably cheaper than any ice with the cost of petrol at £1.56 per litre.

If you were to charge on a rapid at C£0.60/kWh those figures would be rather closer...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom