Should I go MG4 Trophy?

Yep - you won’t find a Tesla that used to have an ICE engine! I wonder what proportion of manufacturers just make EV‘s and nothing else? I think Volvo have said they aim to get to this point. I guess most will eventually.
I believe that Volvo's initial statement was that it would phase out solely petrol and diesel engine cars. Almost implying that it would be EVs and hybrids going forward. I think most manufacturers will hang on to hybrids for as long as possible up to the 2035 cut off date as it allows them to continue to utilise existing ICE platforms. Then it will be down to what each government decides as a minimum electric only distance that hybrids will have to achieve to comply with regulations. Up to now the UK gov't at least is keeping it's cards close to it's chest on what that figure is but it has been suggested that 70+ miles will be the initial figure. I don't think there is currently a hybrid out there that will do half of that distance on electric only.

I believe that Volvo's initial statement was that it would phase out solely petrol and diesel engine cars. Almost implying that it would be EVs and hybrids going forward. I think most manufacturers will hang on to hybrids for as long as possible up to the 2035 cut off date as it allows them to continue to utilise existing ICE platforms. Then it will be down to what each government decides as a minimum electric only distance that hybrids will have to achieve to comply with regulations. Up to now the UK gov't at least is keeping it's cards close to it's chest on what that figure is but it has been suggested that 70+ miles will be the initial figure. I don't think there is currently a hybrid out there that will do half of that distance on electric only.
lvec taxi ;) 80miles range

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 537 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel