Silver or blue??

Acey

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi we are looking at buying an MG5 as our second EV in the next few weeks and have the choice of a silver or blue....any reason other than looks to help us decide on our new wheels? Currently leaning towards the blue : )

Have you seen either colour in person?

I finally saw a blue one driving home yesterday and imo it didn't reflect the printed colour.

Seen 4 so far, one of each colour except the red.

Beyond personal choice. Small price difference between colours and seemingly, due to batch building. Some colours are faster to acquire than others.

Hi we test drove a red one (lovely!) but none in that colour available till May and our old diesel has just bombed...the silver is available in a garage 40 miles away so might have to drive there to make sure. Think they have a blue one in the showroom too. We are getting it on the Affinity deal so no charge for metallic paint.
Good to have a choice but not good at deciding!

I remember when VW solved that problem...

Beetle.jpg

Go for the silver! It looks brilliant and is also very good at hiding dirt and general road grime!

This was mine in the supermarket car park, late one night -

Attachments

• B84FCF40-A217-4861-B9B4-6580AB4AFA85.jpeg
    B84FCF40-A217-4861-B9B4-6580AB4AFA85.jpeg
    410.9 KB · Views: 178
both are nice , choosing a colour is tough , i picked red originally , then convinced myself i preferred blue , called the dealer , he said he,d look into it , then called me back two weeks later and said i can change to blue

now i sort of think i should have stuck with red , how silly is that ?

at the end of the day there are several perfectly good choices and the colour grows on you

I've gone for silver. My last 4 cars have been black, the blue looks a bit wishy washy to me, the red is lovely but not on an estate shaped car imho and white is just wrong! That was the decision made easy for me!

We are now leaning towards silver!! If we get through the flooding ok tomorrow (red alert) we will probably make the journey to the garage on Saturday and see both colours in real life. With our ZS EV it was so easy - white and no choice but it really shows the dirt! Thanks for your help.

Hi
I had white as my first choice in my list of colours then silver and blue
I was lucky enough to get my first choice white
I’ve not had a white car since the mid nineties mk4 3 door estate in white with XR3i bumper wheels and interior
This was my 17th car now on car number 54 so I’ve had my fair share of black and red cars
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
197BFB7F-98DC-44BD-AE0F-1976FFB7BA68.jpeg

There's 5 colours, so that does make it easier. I didn't want black (beautiful if you can keep it clean in a mirror finish) or white. My preference is for blue cars, however I'm damn picky on the shade of blue, without having one in person to see, that just left silver and red. Leaving silver as my safe choice for my 14k mainly A road commuter mule.

Ironically my last brand new vehicle was my 2nd back in 2002, a Rover 25, a full 20 years later and I'm back to the same group of companies.

I think you need to look at the silver one first before making a decision as silver is a colour that if the curves and shape aren’t right silver can look awful. On the flip side if the shape and curves are right it can look great. I had red MG5 and it was a nice red and looked pretty good but did show up stone chips as base colour is white. IMO.

Hi we are looking at buying an MG5 as our second EV in the next few weeks and have the choice of a silver or blue....any reason other than looks to help us decide on our new wheels? Currently leaning towards the blue : )
Blue.... It looks great in sunlight, really sparkles, and someone somewhere said the silver looks like a typical taxi....

#TeamBlue all the way... to be fair i only went blue as my previous cars had been silver and red and i wanted a change

At this present time the way that the stock of new EVs is lots of people would be glad of any colour just to get into an EV.
Les.
Yes appreciate that I have spent hours and hours researching and phoning and hunting down an available car - one ready to go one coming around 1st March ...hopefully I won't miss out but viewing both colours tomorrow and placing the order.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom