Simple cruise control

wandle MG4 trophy

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Not a fan of the adaptive cruise control as it jerks and brakes like a bucking bronco. Is there anyway to have cruise control without the adaptive bit (ie the car maintains a set speed until you accelerate or brake).

I have tried the Speed Limit Assist setting whereby you set an upper speed limit but it does not hold your speed at that limit and you need to keep your foot on the accelerator.

I yearn for my old simple cruise control on the Nissan Juke. On a long quiet motorway journey I could keep a set speed whilst resting my right foot.

Not a fan of the adaptive cruise control as it jerks and brakes like a bucking bronco. Is there anyway to have cruise control without the adaptive bit (ie the car maintains a set speed until you accelerate or brake).

I have tried the Speed Limit Assist setting whereby you set an upper speed limit but it does not hold your speed at that limit and you need to keep your foot on the accelerator.

I yearn for my old simple cruise control on the Nissan Juke. On a long quiet motorway journey I could keep a set speed whilst resting my right foot.

I’ve tried it on three different makes of car, I think it sucks on them all (MG, Nissan Leaf, Range Rover)
I also much prefer normal cruise, a much smoother journey.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 539 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back