mj224

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Just returned to Octopus Go.

Cheap rate starts at 12:30am.

I have a charger installed by Octopus several years ago. But it is a Rolec charger I now find out.

Thus, without getting up at 12:30 to switch the thing on, its a lump of doin's................

So do I have to get up at 12:30am to use the 12p/kw rate...............

***, it's 2023, not the dark ages..............

MG ZS EV mk1.

I am sure it does not have a timer. And I can't see how to switch on the charger without a physical switch.

The charger does have an App, but it needs my internet to work. Alas the signal does not go through the wall to connect the charger...

MG ZS EV mk1.

I am sure it does not have a timer. And I can't see how to switch on the charger without a physical switch.

The charger does have an App, but it needs my internet to work. Alas the signal does not go through the wall to connect the charger...
I think the Rolec uses a mobile signal to connect to the internet, not your wifi.

From the EV.Energy website....assuming this iss the app you are using.

'To ensure only you can control your charger, when your charger is installed, your installer registers your email address with your unique charger serial number. A process we call "commissioning".

Please make sure you have created a new account
(on the app) using the same email address that you gave to your installer. If you’ve created an account with the same email and you're still running into problems, your charger might be offline, there may be a hardware or installation issue. If after a power cycle (turn it off and back on) your unit is still not found please contact Customer Support.'

Thanks for that reply.

But I am sure it needs my internet connection. I did have a telephone session with one of their engineers, he talked me through the set up. But, despite me installing wifi extenders, the signal was never strong enough to connect it all of the time.

In the end I gave up...

With Octopus Flexible, it did not matter when I charged, 24hrs at the same rate. Now I have gone back to Octopus Go, I need to spend half the night up switching washing machines, tumble driers and car chargers on...:)

Maybe I will have another go..

Thanks for that reply.

But I am sure it needs my internet connection. I did have a telephone session with one of their engineers, he talked me through the set up. But, despite me installing wifi extenders, the signal was never strong enough to connect it all of the time.

In the end I gave up...

With Octopus Flexible, it did not matter when I charged, 24hrs at the same rate. Now I have gone back to Octopus Go, I need to spend half the night up switching washing machines, tumble driers and car chargers on...:)

Maybe I will have another go..
Swap to Go Faster with a 21:30 start time. Only got to get up at 02:30 to turn it off 😴. Or if you are topping up, the the car will stop it. Good for the other goods that you turn on as well.

Swap to Go Faster with a 21:30 start time. Only got to get up at 02:30 to turn it off 😴. Or if you are topping up, the the car will stop it. Good for the other goods that you turn on as well.
Go faster hasn't existed for new customers/switchers for some while.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom