Smooth Hypervolt Charger installation for ZS EV.

Just had Hypervolt charger installed, all organised by Hypervolt. Super fuss free installation by Matt Yates of Severn Sparks Ltd. Matt ran me through the set up and made sure everthing was tickety boo before leaving.
Now I’m a happy bunny.
I really like the look of the Hypervolt unit.
Will you be conducting “Timed Off Peak” charging ?.
Send us some photos of your unit please !.

Great news - it looks lovely doesn’t it? I contacted Hypervolt yesterday re my query re connecting to the internet. Very quick response and they assured me that I was.

I have since turned my brightness down. This is the disco theme which happily flashes away. I have gone for a more subtle look.

8CCB3620-51CC-4A86-9D57-033E65FBA17C.jpeg

Looks good. You’ve got a blown brick there where it’s s been drilled - surprised the installer didn’t tidy it.

Any changes from current model other than colour? I'm in the process of applying for the various grants to get one installed.
There are some new changes coming and Flavian Alexandr , the CEO of Hypervolt drops hints on the Facebook group. I believe that they are currently testing solar power and how it links to the charger. TBH I have not paid much attention to this.

Great news - it looks lovely doesn’t it? I contacted Hypervolt yesterday re my query re connecting to the internet. Very quick response and they assured me that I was.

I have since turned my brightness down. This is the disco theme which happily flashes away. I have gone for a more subtle look.

View attachment 3939
That Unit looks great.
But, you want to get some waterproofing on the cable entry as the way it is run and with the blown brick you could have damp problems. Shouldn't the cable emerging from the brickwork route downwards to prevent rainwater from running down the cable entering the hole?

Any changes from current model other than colour? I'm in the process of applying for the various grants to get one installed.
Update from Hypervolt:
We're working to bring the following items to you:
Immediate priorities

• Solar charging(expected full public release by mid to end of September). Beta will be going ahead starting with next week.
  • Black and space grey versions of the product(already a "done deal", arriving later in the month).
  • Correctly integrating timezones in scheduling and reports. This is actually just pending a few minor tweaks and App Store/Play Store release. It will also fix reporting scheduled windows incorrectly in charts.
  • The ability to navigate through historical charging sessions, and viewing metrics and cost for each and every one.

Upcoming
  • Integrated support in the app, where you have an interactive user manual.
  • Energy tariffs. Solar has to be done first, as we need to track solar generation independently and mark it as "free energy". This is a lot more complicated than it looks, and I'm sure many of you wonder "why can't you just do it". The technical answer involves an OLAP cube. We need to sum up millions of data points(Hypervolt streams data every 2 seconds), and make sure every electron is correctly marked as a "day" or "night" or in some cases "that specific price", in the case of dynamic pricing. We then need to "add up" millions of data points, or over ten million data points in the case of 6 months or more timeline views within milliseconds.
  • A new ability to connect the charger to the internet that is a lot more installer friendly and 99.99% reliable, as it's basically the only thing that can frustrate our users. Thanks to Bob Aldis that set us on the right path here.
  • "Stealth mode". This mode will only show you the LEDs after you do "something" and then takes brightness to zero. This means the charger can be inconspicuous but still tell you what's going down. Suggested by Niall Cook and several other members of the group.
  • Dynamic prices being automatically configurable from the app. A button that says "Hey I'm on Octopus Go" or "Octopus Agile". We will of course look to add other providers as well.
  • Automated solar scheduling, allowing you to set solar modes based on automated sunrise/sundown calculations, followed by cheap night tariffs with automated tracking.

Later in the year

Well not that late. Tariffs is the big complicated piece, but once done it unlocks some other cool things you've been asking us about.
  • Proximity auto-unlock, something suggested for a while by Ben internally, and many of you externally. The charger will recognise "you are near", and unlock the car for you.
  • Ability to export data as CSV or spreadsheets, or PDFs, so you can expense your energy automatically. We will work even harder here, so you can simply send your workplace a link to our website when you "share" your usage with a specific email of your choosing. A bit like a secure "view only" mode.
  • Family accounts, adding the ability for multiple people to use the same chargepoint. Hypervolt already supports automated state sync, e.g we sync settings across devices via cloud automatically, which means we just have to add authentication and "account sharing" here.
  • Ability to add multiple chargepoints to a single account via the app. This will be added to the dashboard a lot faster, and later on to the app.
  • Ability to add MQTT endpoints(for our more hardcore software users).

Update from Hypervolt:
We're working to bring the following items to you:
Immediate priorities

• Solar charging(expected full public release by mid to end of September). Beta will be going ahead starting with next week.
  • Black and space grey versions of the product(already a "done deal", arriving later in the month).
  • Correctly integrating timezones in scheduling and reports. This is actually just pending a few minor tweaks and App Store/Play Store release. It will also fix reporting scheduled windows incorrectly in charts.
  • The ability to navigate through historical charging sessions, and viewing metrics and cost for each and every one.

Upcoming
  • Integrated support in the app, where you have an interactive user manual.
  • Energy tariffs. Solar has to be done first, as we need to track solar generation independently and mark it as "free energy". This is a lot more complicated than it looks, and I'm sure many of you wonder "why can't you just do it". The technical answer involves an OLAP cube. We need to sum up millions of data points(Hypervolt streams data every 2 seconds), and make sure every electron is correctly marked as a "day" or "night" or in some cases "that specific price", in the case of dynamic pricing. We then need to "add up" millions of data points, or over ten million data points in the case of 6 months or more timeline views within milliseconds.
  • A new ability to connect the charger to the internet that is a lot more installer friendly and 99.99% reliable, as it's basically the only thing that can frustrate our users. Thanks to Bob Aldis that set us on the right path here.
  • "Stealth mode". This mode will only show you the LEDs after you do "something" and then takes brightness to zero. This means the charger can be inconspicuous but still tell you what's going down. Suggested by Niall Cook and several other members of the group.
  • Dynamic prices being automatically configurable from the app. A button that says "Hey I'm on Octopus Go" or "Octopus Agile". We will of course look to add other providers as well.
  • Automated solar scheduling, allowing you to set solar modes based on automated sunrise/sundown calculations, followed by cheap night tariffs with automated tracking.

Later in the year

Well not that late. Tariffs is the big complicated piece, but once done it unlocks some other cool things you've been asking us about.
  • Proximity auto-unlock, something suggested for a while by Ben internally, and many of you externally. The charger will recognise "you are near", and unlock the car for you.
  • Ability to export data as CSV or spreadsheets, or PDFs, so you can expense your energy automatically. We will work even harder here, so you can simply send your workplace a link to our website when you "share" your usage with a specific email of your choosing. A bit like a secure "view only" mode.
  • Family accounts, adding the ability for multiple people to use the same chargepoint. Hypervolt already supports automated state sync, e.g we sync settings across devices via cloud automatically, which means we just have to add authentication and "account sharing" here.
  • Ability to add multiple chargepoints to a single account via the app. This will be added to the dashboard a lot faster, and later on to the app.
  • Ability to add MQTT endpoints(for our more hardcore software users).
They are working hard to constantly improve their units, which is really nice to hear.
Some other manufactures are clearly getting left behind In the race.
Rolec springs straight to mind here !.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom