So do you like your MG ZS EV?

Maybe just sell the car and be done with it.
Funny, you say that, I did go off and have a look at “BYD” which not perfect, just seemed a nicer car, ok it was £45k, boot was smaller than the ZS, which not a big deal, would just need to stick the seats down for the golf clubs…but with a trade in of around £19k for a car that was less than a year old, was one of the reason I still have it, that and don’t know if the old pocket could afford the £550 monthly payment, the trade in did go up to around £21k, but I’d still be losing about £6k (I’m on cpp payments, or whatever you call them) but will go back in a year or two..

I'm just curious, you have 2 cars on your drive, which one has covered the most miles in the same time scale and why. Obviously one is a perceived premium sports cars the other is probably a more practical car. Could your liking the ZS be confused as its without the WOW factor/handling of the Porsche and the ZS only does what it needs to. My previous car was a Lexus which was much more eye catching, better handling but cost a fortune new and servicing was ridiculous so I'm happy with the ZS as its attributes and cost suit me better at my time of life.
The ZS as it’s my daily driver, the Porsche only comes out the garage on very sunny days (which isn’t very often this year) I tax it for 6 months, over the winter it sits in the garage..as for the wow factor of the Porsche over the ZS, I don’t expect the ZS to go around corners as fast or flat as the Porsche, it’s not that type of vehicle..I think if you want to look at vehicles, than it’s the car I had before the ZS, I had a Mercedes Benz CLS 250 estate, very, very big car, bigger than I needed and was a bit of a pain to park in multi-storey carparks..but what a car, electric everything..comfy, be interesting to see what the ZS seats are like after a bit, .. so why did I go for a ZS EV?…as I said the Merc was too big, I liked the pan roof on the ZS, the golf clubs would fit in the boot without having to drop the seats, it was a EV, never had one before and didn’t know if I would like them and the price was good, what I do like over the Merc, I like the dash-cam plug on the mirror, pan-roof, smaller car, easier to park and the speed off the line, don’t think I’ve been left behind by anything..seems to easily do 4.5 in the summer..don’t like the way it just stops playing my music and puts the radio on, for no reason? (Ok no biggy) it also seems to decide when it wants to change to another radio station…miss the electric boot opening…I like that the ZS does around what it says, on a run I’ve got 268 miles out of it, on normal, gen 3, (a run down to the airport and back home) ..dont Really like the front of the ZS, don’t like the camera’s really are bad, may as well not have them..I never use it..the iPad thing is too far down on the dash..so the big question…would I buy another MG..some say, never say never, they would have to bring something out that seems out of this world?…what I wouldn’t do..is go and buy it from the dealership up the road..

I've never seen the fascination in cars myself. As long as it gets me from A to B reliably, comfortably, and these days with as little enviromental impact as possible, that'll do me. :)

I agree about the need/wish for a little tray in the armrest storage. Aliexpress sell one for the earlier ZS, and one for the MG4. I am forever searching for keys or coins amongst the other paraphernalia I keep in there. I wonder if @JodyS21 might consider designing something for his 3D printer if enough people wanted one?
I've only just seen this post.
I could design something if it's something a few people would be interested in.
I've got the mk1 ZS, so can measure it.
How would you guys like it to look?

@JodyS21

This is the one for the earlier ZS - several small compartments as you can see, but looks quite complex. Personally, I would be happy with a single section tray a few cms deep.

According to one review on Aliexpress, this size/shape etc., doesn’t fit the newer ZS, so maybe measuring your armrest storage wouldn’t help?

IMG_1833.jpeg

Last edited:
I've only just seen this post.
I could design something if it's something a few people would be interested in.
I've got the mk1 ZS, so can measure it.
How would you guys like it to look?
I would be interested, but I have the gen 2 facelift.

I got my ZS Luxury (I guess that's trophy in UK) in June and I honestly have to say: I love it!

It is my first EV and it is my first brand new car (thanks company). Before I had a 95 Clio 20 years ago and I still have a 2014 Seat Toledo.
The leap is enormous! It is so much fun driving around in John (yes, I did call him John), I take every excuse just do drive around whenever possible.

Of course the car is not perfect. Boot could be bigger (the Toledo is superb in that department), kick sensors and electric lid would be great. The lane assist keeps the car too far on the left (in UK right) side so I am constantly fighting it, I eventually stopped using it.

There are some click noises here and there and I really miss a compartment for my sun glasses.

Other than that, I think it is great. The acceleration is really good up to 70km/h. It drives very comfortable and soft, which I appreciate since I drive on desasterous roads in Hungary quite often.

The automatic lights work great, ACC is good, rain sensors do their job. 360° camera works great despite the VGA quality.

Satnav is ok, infotainment is basic but does everything I need.

I like its looks, well at least the first 2 thirds, I am not too fond of the rear to be honest.

All in all I would recommend it.
And I continue to love driving around in it!

So I’ve had my ZS EV LR since November, can’t really say that I like it, I don’t know why, I just don’t, I like that it does what it says on the tin about mileage, I’ve got around 268 on a run, if I sit around 60mph…would I buy another MG…probably not, unless they brought something out of this world and even then, I wouldn’t buy it from the MG up the road…i did go off and look at BYD cars, which I think I‘ll look at buying the next time around..as I said, unless something better turns up…so am I the only one that doesn’t like the car?
Waited 14 months for delivery and have had the car 8 months. Love it. We had a hybrid before but this is something else. Really enjoy driving again.

I've had my car for 11 months. Here's my 2 cents...
Best range for the price of the car(long range version)
I've only used the 3 pin granny charger once and was happy with the speed (5% roughly an hour).
Spacious boot and seating area.
Electric adjustable seats are new to me and I'm happy with it.
Android auto - new to me and think all cars should have it.

For EVs in general, I was lucky to get a lot of free charges (via chargeplace Scotland) but these are hard to come by now. I've even noticed some bad charge point etiquette- people finishing their charge then 'holding' the spot for their friend/ work colleague.

Noise coming from driver's window when over 50mph. I thought this was a leak but learned from this forum that this is wind resistance and you can buy attachments to prevent it.

Great diagnosis mode. Handy for tyre pressure.
HV battery faults now and then.
Happy with the rapid chargers and time it takes.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom