Soft brakes…

stoneyev

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Had my MG HS Phev for a while now and wonder if any one else has issues with brakes? The pedal seems sooooo soft and I wonder if car is going to stop. Had to do a swift stop the other day and was not impressed. Glazed pads ???

A soft pedal is indicative of air in the hydraulic fluid.
Does it feel soft if you pump the pedal with nothing running?

My pedal is soft, don't think it's air. I have driven another identical one with the same low mileage and it was the same. Be interesting to see if other owners are experiencing the same issue?

Have you tested the fluid in the system? It does absorb water over time so you should ask a garage to test it for you, it could be that it needs changing.

Yep- I sometimes think it takes a bit to stop it. Did the same on the demonstrator I tried. Hasn't caused a problem yet.
Yep me too... Took a little getting used to after driving my Tiguan. I think i did read something about this in a review... Maybe something to do with the weight of the car?

Not found it to be too hard to stop. I drive it differently from my MG3 and ZT though. I use the regen braking a lot but you need to preempt what's happening in front of you. The MG3 has the best brakes of the three!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom