Software update

Pos1968

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all. I'm a new, very confused, mg zs owner. I'm having problems with adhoc charging. Can someone please advise me if this could be a software issue, and when the last software update was. Can I check what software updates the car has got? My car is a 21 plate.

Last software update we had was in March. Had a radio prob and our dealer did an update to fix it.
We have new design 72 plate

Is it on DC CCS rapid chargers or AC type2 EVSE units?
Is this a mk1 and did you get it second hand from a MG dealer?

What's your specific problem with adhoc charging?
Sometimes my home charger works sometimes it keeps stopping ... Podpoint has said it's the car going into deep sleep but overnight it gives the car a bit of charge

Is it on DC CCS rapid chargers or AC type2 EVSE units?
Is this a mk1 and did you get it second hand from a MG dealer?
It's my Podpoint home charger. I'm ts a 21 plate now t sure what mk this makes it. I bought it second hand but not t from an kg dealer

Sometimes my home charger works sometimes it keeps stopping ... Podpoint has said it's the car going into deep sleep but overnight it gives the car a bit of charge

It's my Podpoint home charger. I'm ts a 21 plate now t sure what mk this makes it. I bought it second hand but not t from an kg dealer
Best to check with mg as to what updates it has had.

21 plate sounds like the original Gen 1 version of the ZS EV.
If it has the large black pop up front grill / charging port, then it’s a Gen 1 model.
Gen 2 facelift models have a body coloured front bumper with a side opening charger flap.
There are many other differences between the two models, but this is a very quick and instant way to spot each model.

Can I check what software updates the car has got?
Yes. You need an OBD-II dongle, and Android phone, and the unofficial Thai app, which can now be downloaded from the Google play store.

Details are in this long thread:

Has your home charger got a trickle charging feature, this will stop the car falling asleep, and start the timer charge when set

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom