Software updates - newbie owner

emmadragon

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi, picking up a new-to-me Trophy LR in less than 2 weeks, I have a question or two.
Must all software updates be completed at a dealership, or are any of them OTA?
I did search the forum, and found that the most recent answer to this was back in early 2022.
And if they must be done at a dealership, is that routinely done as part of a service, or must it be requested upfront?
Thanks,
Emma.

Software updates are done at the dealers only and they should do safety updates at servicing without being asked but some dealers won't update the infotainment software unless the owner complains about it having a fault.

What Ian said basically. There is a screen in the infotainment offering to check for what would be OTA updates but I don't believe MG have ever indicated that they plan to actually implement any OTA updates any time soon.

My experience of dealerships updating the software has been that they wouldn't do it without me specifically requesting it and even then (in my case) I had to push a little to stop them trying to fob me off with the results of the check from the above screen. Possibly worth knowing the latest infotainment version for your trim (I have an SE so I'm afraid I can't help you with what the latest trophy infotainment version is, I'm sure there used to be a thread for this around here somewhere but I can't seem to find it right now) so that you can appear informed but it's always possible you get lucky with the dealership and don't have to do any fussing.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back