Software version MG4

annah

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Can I please ask how I can find out what version number my car is on?
I have an MG4 since May and have a number of software niggles.
I have contacted the garage for an upgrade.
They agreed to 'do a diagnostics check' but after having the car for 7 hours, told me that 'they could not connect to the car' and that they needed to replace the connection software on my car.

Once they have that, I would like to check that they have actually applied an update.
As a software engineer myself, I would assume that they will update it to the latest version, but given the threads I have read, this may not be the case.

Thank you.

I have seen a few threads about software updates, do any of them show you how to access the version under the settings menus?

Can I please ask how I can find out what version number my car is on?
I have an MG4 since May and have a number of software niggles.
I have contacted the garage for an upgrade.
They agreed to 'do a diagnostics check' but after having the car for 7 hours, told me that 'they could not connect to the car' and that they needed to replace the connection software on my car.

Once they have that, I would like to check that they have actually applied an update.
As a software engineer myself, I would assume that they will update it to the latest version, but given the threads I have read, this may not be the case.

Thank you.
Each car module has its own version but they are not user visible. Garages can tell what updates they have applied but they are often reluctant to disclose technical details.

The infotainment is USB upgradeable, so that should always be possible for a well organised garage.

When doing module updates, the car has to connect to remote servers so there can be issues with the servers being down and/or failures to apply specific updates that require tech support from China and this can delay things.

Updates are also manually managed- someone has to sit there on a laptop and say Y/N to apply each update and dependency, which is time consuming, so sometimes garages run out of time and don't apply everything. It is far from a slick process.

Updates have also had the habit of introducing new bugs, so they can be a mixed blessing.

MIne went in friday and has had some updates regarding the collision control randomly activating and LKA (appears all fixed) The informant system seems far more responsive however it now has some bugs. When the short cut buttons are pressed on the left side of the steering wheel it now activates what it is programmed to control and the AC screen at the same time. Needless to say it will be going back on monday. Fortunately my dealer is only a couple of miles away.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 517 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back