Software version

Naveen

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
When I tried to check the if I was on the latest version I got a message saying software was not registered. I then phoned Dealer who asked for my Reg no. Who them cam back and said the software was updated in middle of June which was when I took delivery of the Trophy. Any thoughts?

Strange how it can be working without registration. The app is working so it is obviously connected to mainframe.

I also have the same "car not registered" when I try to do updates.

Attachments

• 20230820_115556.jpg
    20230820_115556.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 79
other threads on this forum have reported that OTA updates are not yet available, and that all updates currently happen at the dealer, which they will perform under routine servicing, unless there's an actual recall notice. I don't think "end user" Over the Air updates are a thing with MG at the moment.

other threads on this forum have reported that OTA updates are not yet available, and that all updates currently happen at the dealer, which they will perform under routine servicing, unless there's an actual recall notice. I don't think "end user" Over the Air updates are a thing with MG at the moment.
"are not"

Ok I'm new to this. Was just wondering in the unlikely event of one stop driving being introduced via software release

Ok I'm new to this. Was just wondering in the unlikely event of one stop driving being introduced via software release
That's fine Naveen, welcome and yes it is possible we will get one stop via dealer update and also possible that they will not give us that as an incentive for people to trade in for a Phase 2 car (which comes with it).

Note that OTA is only promised for infotainment updates so even if it does arrive that wouldn't cover one-stop which would involve core car module updates (done at the dealer).

BTW - Don't count on being able to rapid charge at Rotherham Lidl, I hear one of the town's "lovable rogues" has been collecting cables from the rapid charger there, 3 sets so far.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back