Solaredge charger issues

Deep purple

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just had a Solaredge charger fitted. First charge for a trial worked but when disconnected the car then came up with a system fault and refused to power up. Disconnected the battery and the car then reset ok.
Until this is resolved would suggest caution about Solaredge chargers.

Update. Solaredge support has identified that my particular system setup has not been done before and it has revealed a software issue which they are now working to resolve. Solaredge support has been proactive and hopefully an update will resolve the issue.

Personally had a solar edge charger installed 3 weeks ago, working perfectly so far. MG4 Xpower. My only gripe, the settings for only excess solar seem a bit conservative. It won’t trigger until it sees 2kW excess power for several minutes. Once it gets going it negotiates with the car and adjusts the power feed nicely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that information, hopefully the software update won't take too long and then it will all work ok. The problem arose because I have a backup unit and also 2 separate consumer units one of which is backed up and one which isn't. So there are 2 separate meters in play, one for the whole house incoming supply and the other for just the backed up power. The car charger is on the non backed up unit and the 2 meters seem to be confusing the control system.

Yes, poor use of words and should have said measuring points rather than meters! One CT is inbuilt in the backup unit and one is external clamped onto the main house supplier's meter tails.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom