Sometimes when i press the button to start the car it says HV battery shut off, what does that mean

Berty

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Sometimes when i press the button to start MY 2020 mg ZS GEN 1 car it says HV BATTERY SHUT OFF and the car won't start, it keeps saying put foot on brake, which iv'e already done several times then after five or six attempts it will start as normal, what does HV battery shut off mean

Sometimes when i press the button to start MY 2020 mg ZS GEN 1 car it says HV BATTERY SHUT OFF and the car won't start, it keeps saying put foot on brake, which iv'e already done several times then after five or six attempts it will start as normal, what does HV battery shut off mean
there are some posts on the same subject and although some suggest 12V battery connection as a possibility, I would not bother speculating, if under warranty, MG garage ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, from what I know it's High Voltage battery shut off.... Most likely as it's not in use its turned off to conserve power. You need to turn off ignition completely and restart the process. I always press the brake when I get in. It's not a fault, just the system. Advise, put foot on the brake first before turning on ignition.

As @Eclectic has already stated, if you rush the “Start Up” process, the car will complain.
Keep firm pressure on the footbrake until you see the “Ready” light in the dash panel and hear the “bong”.
If you try using the gear selector before, it will throw up a warning ⚠️.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom