Sorry BMS again!

JCFlippen

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I cannot get my head around what version my pre reg Feb 2021 Zs EV should have? I was assured by the dealer that it had the latest software update when bought it in early June 2021. I have just discovered that my battery when fully charged at home has a voltage of 456v is this the version I should be on? I have not bought an OBD2 reader as do not have a working android device to see what versions of all software I have in place.

Last edited:
Is that the only way to check what BMS update you are on to look at voltage?
I have MG5 but have been asked by a friend who has a ZS and have range issues how to get it sorted.

Is that the only way to check what BMS update you are on to look at voltage?
I have MG5 but have been asked by a friend who has a ZS and have range issues how to get it sorted.
It's the easiest way. If you have 456v fully charged then you have the old BMS (before they broke it) and should have no problems except the lack of regen for the first 3 miles after charging. I fit's 450v or less than you have the newer BMS but you could have any of the updates.

It's the easiest way. If you have 456v fully charged then you have the old BMS (before they broke it) and should have no problems except the lack of regen for the first 3 miles after charging. I fit's 450v or less than you have the newer BMS but you could have any of the updates.
Thanks Kithmo will leave till first service to sort out.

I think the 'Latest BMS' update settles at 449V and lowered the individual cell voltages / upper limit buffer .

I think we are up to SA020 as far as updates go for the ZSEV , it would be a nice 'pinned' topic if somebody could list the relevant patches & updates ?

I think we are up to SA020 as far as updates go for the Z
I am of the very same opinion !.
SA020 is the MG service bulletin reference number for the latest infotainment update.
This has been offered to the ZS EV - ONLY for now.
This software update ( USB Stick ) has been introduced to try and stabilise the head unit, to prevent crashing and reduce the black screen / unit crashing situation.
It is intended to make the responce time a little faster also.
This update was only released about 2 weeks ago.

Mine's just had its first service last week and they left it as is (thankfully).(y)
My first service is in 3 months and i have the 456v bms .i, like you dont want it updating .i am happy the way it is .in the spring and summer months often shows 178 mile when fully charged and i often get 180+ between charges .was it Eric Stead that did your service cos that is where mine will be going ?

180+ miles between charges! How low do you run it? 😀

My first service is in 3 months and i have the 456v bms .i, like you dont want it updating .i am happy the way it is .in the spring and summer months often shows 178 mile when fully charged and i often get 180+ between charges .was it Eric Stead that did your service cos that is where mine will be going ?
Yes Eric Stead's

Yes Eric Stead's
Mine too - but not until next year😀

Have we established yet if MG are updating all bms to 450v? I understood that all cars when next in for work would get this. The update is also supposed to further improve battery longevity. It seems some get it when their car is in and others don’t.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom